A Complete Life of Our Blessed Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ: That Great Example as Well as Saviour of Mankind : Containing a Complete, Authentic, Ample, Accurate, Instructive, Universal, and Full Account, (freed from Popish Superstition and Other Errors) of All the Real Facts Relating to the Exemplary Life, Meritorious Sufferings, and Death of Our Glorious Redeemer : to which is Added an Authentic History of the Lives, Transactions, Sufferings, & Deaths of His Holy Apostles, Evangelists, Disciples ... : the Whole Interspersed with Practical Improvements and Useful Remarks ...
Samuel Webb, 1814 - 404 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according affected Almighty amongst answer apostle appeared asked attended behold believe blessed body brought called character Christ Christians church commanded concerning consider continued conversation convinced dead death delivered desired disciples divine doctrine earth enemies eternal expected faith Father fear followed gave give given glory gospel hand happiness hath hear heard heart heaven heavenly holy honour immediately Jerusalem Jesus Jewish Jews John kind king kingdom lives Lord mankind manner Master means mentioned Messiah mind miracles multitude nature never observed parable particular Paul performed person Peter Pharisees preaching present priests prophets reason received Redeemer relation religion remarkable replied rest resurrection returned Roman Saviour sent servants shew soon soul spirit suffer supposed tell temple thee things thou thought told took true truth unto whole wonderful
15. oldal - Fear not, for behold I bring you good tidings of great joy which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; ye shall find the Babe wrapped in swaddling clothes lying in a manger.
4. oldal - Now his elder son was in the field, and as he came and drew nigh to the house he heard music and dancing. And he called one of the servants and asked what these things meant. And he said unto him, Thy brother is come ; and thy father hath killed the fatted calf, because he hath received him safe and sound.
9. oldal - And he charged them that they should tell no man : but the more he charged them, so much the more a great deal they published it; and were beyond measure astonished, saying, He hath done all things well: he maketh both the deaf to hear, and the dumb to speak.
13. oldal - And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know...
5. oldal - For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself ; and hath given him authority to execute judgment also, Because he is the Son of man.
1. oldal - But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it; yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.
19. oldal - But when Herod was dead, behold, an angel of the Lord appeareth in a dream to Joseph in Egypt, saying, Arise, and take the young child and His mother, and go into the land of Israel: for they are dead which sought the young child's life.
5. oldal - Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets ; let them hear them. And he said, Nay, father Abraham : but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. And he said unto him. If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.