The Constitution of England: In which it is Compared Both with the Republican Form of Government, and the Other Monarchies in Europe
proprietors of the English Classics, 1826 - 304 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
The Constitution of England: In Which It Is Compared Both with the ...
Jean Louis De Lolme
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2015
able advantages afterward appearance army assembly attempt attended authority become bill body brought called carried cause circumstances citizens civil commons concerning conduct consequence consider constitution continue course courts crown danger effect England English English government enjoy established event executive exercise exist express fact followed force former framing give given granting hands important individuals influence instance interest judges justice kind king kingdom laws legislative less liberty look lords manner matter means measures mention nature necessary never object observe obtained once opinion parliament particular passed perhaps persons political possessed prerogative present principles privilege procure produce proposed prove regard reign remedy render representatives republic respect Roman Second senate share sovereign spirit success taken things thought tion views whole
64. oldal - That the freedom of speech, and debates or proceedings in Parliament, ought not to be impeached or questioned in any court or place out of Parliament.
61. oldal - Will you solemnly promise and swear to govern the people of this kingdom of England, and the dominions thereto belonging, according to the statutes in parliament agreed on, and the laws and customs of the same? — The king or queen shall say, I solemnly promise so to do.
45. oldal - AN ACT DECLARING THE RIGHTS AND LIBERTIES OF THE SUBJECT, AND SETTLING THE SUCCESSION OF THE CROWN.
176. oldal - second, having endeavoured to subvert the constitution of " the kingdom, by breaking the original contract between " king and people — and, by the advice of Jesuits and other " wicked persons, having violated the fundamental laws, " and having withdrawn himself out of this kingdom — has " abdicated the government, and that the throne is thereby
112. oldal - These pitiful evasions gave rise to the statute 16 Car. I. c. 10. § 8. whereby it is enacted, that if any person be committed by the king himself in person, or by his privy council, or by any of the members thereof, he shall have granted unto him, without any delay upon any pretence whatsoever, a writ of habeas corpus...
113. oldal - Guernsey. 9. That no inhabitant of England (except persons contracting, or convicts praying, to be transported; or having committed some capital offence in the place to which they are sent) shall be sent prisoner to Scotland, Ireland, Jersey, Guernsey, or any places beyond the seas, within or without the king's dominions; on pain that the party committing, his advisers, aiders, and assistants, shall forfeit to the party aggrieved a sum not less than 500Z.
126. oldal - But here we must observe a difference between the legislative and the executive powers. The latter may be confined, and even is the more easily so, when undivided: the legislative, on the contrary, in order to its being restrained, should absolutely be divided. For, whatever laws it may make to restrain itself, they never can be, relatively to it...
113. oldal - That every person committed for treason or felony shall, if he requires it the first week of the next term, or the first day of the next session of oyer and terminer...
210. oldal - That excessive bail ought not to be required, nor excessive fines imposed; nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.
113. oldal - Act, and signed by the person awarding them. 3. That the writ shall be returned, and the prisoner brought up within a limited time according to the distance, not exceeding in any case twenty days. 4. That officers and keepers neglecting to make due returns, or not delivering to the prisoner or his agent within six hours after demand a copy of the warrant of commitment, or shifting the custody of...