Információ erről a könyvről
Könyvek a Google Playen
LONDON: PRINTED FOR J. G. F. & J. RIVINGTON,
ST. PAUL'S CHURCH YARD,
AND WATERLOO PLACE, PALL MALL.
GILBERT & RIVINGTON, PRINTERS,
ST. JOHN'S SQUARE.
1. 1. Isaiah declareth the subject of 1096. Prophecy viewed as mani-
festing God's foreknowledge.
1. 2. Jehovah reproveth his rebel- 1097. Service without devotion is
hateful unto God.
1. 16. Jehovah offereth to reason 1098. God at once merciful and
with his people.
2. 1. Glory promised. Judgments 1099. The perilous condition of
the proud and idolatrous.
3. 1. The judgments of God, and the 1100. Sin the cause of the decay
grounds of them.
4. 1. The glory of the Branch of the 1101. The future holiness and hap-
piness of the Church.
5. 1. The parable of the vineyard. 1102. The woe of sinning in the
midst of privileges.
5. 18. Further woes denounced, and 1103. The use we ought to make
a fearful invasion.
of God's forbearance.
6. 1. Isaiah in a vision is commis- 1104. The risk of being given up
sioned to prophesy.
to an impenitent mind.
7. 1. In the jeopardy of Judah the 1105. The birth of Jesus
Lord himself giveth a sign. pledge of salvation.
7. 17. The wasting of Judah by As- 1106. The desolation of those who
trust in the world.
8. 1. That Assyria would soon spoil 1107. Of abiding by the written
both Israel and Judah.
word of God.
9. 1. The birth and titles of the 1108. Our redemption by Christ
10. 1. Assyria, the rod of God's 1109. God glorified in overruling
anger, shall itself be brought man's evil for good.
10. 20. The remnant in Zion need 1110. It is for Christ's sake that
not fear the Assyrian.
we are spared to repent.
11. 1. The Messiah, his kingdom, 1111. Christ reigning in the faith
and its glory.
and love of his people.
12. 1. A joyful thanksgiving for the 1112. Our interest in the prophe-
salvation of God.
cies of Christ's kingdom.
13. 1. The entire desolation of Ba- 1113. That the mystic Babylon
shall surely fall.
14. i. The song of triumph over the 1114. It is well to be reminded of
king of Babylon.
14. 12. The purposes of God against 1115. That God reigns over all
Assyria and Palestine.
15, 1. The devastation of Moab fore- 1116. The calamities of war are
chastisements for sin,
16. 1. The burden of Moab is con- 1117. The fulfilment of God's
sentence, though secret, is sure.
17. 1. The burden of Damascus and 1118. Evil, though overruled for
good, is no less liable to punish-
PART VII, 0. T.