Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
animals appeared Arctic bear become berg broken brought cabin called Cape carried CHAPTER clear close cloth coast cold coming continually cook course covered cross danger dark deck difficulty direction discovered dogs drifting Esquimaux event evidently face fall feet four frozen further gave give glacier gone Greenland half hand Hans harbour hard head hills hundred hunt hunter icebergs Island Jensen journey Kalutunah keep Knorr land least length less light live looked means miles morning mountains Nature never night observed officers once pack party passed prepared present quarter reached rest rocks schooner seemed seen side sledge snow Sonntag soon Sound summer supply temperature thought travelling turned vessel whole wind winter
22. oldal - A man's heart deviseth his way : but the LORD directeth his steps.
8. oldal - The Publishers' Circular, and General Record of British and Foreign Literature ; giving a transcript of the title-page of every work published in Great Britain, and every work of interest published abroad, with lists of all the publishing houses. Published regularly on the 1st and 15th of every Month, and forwarded post free to all parts of the world on payment of 8s. per annum. The Ladies...
7. oldal - The Origin and History of the English Language, and of the early literature it embodies. By the Hon. George P. Marsh, US Minister at Turin, Author of " Lectures on the English Language.
5. oldal - We should be glad if any words of ours could help to bespeak a large circulation for this handsome attractive book."— Illustrated Times. The Countess of Pembroke's Arcadia. Written by Sir PHILIP SIDNEY. Edited, with Notes. by the Author of "The Gentle Life.
2. oldal - ... Coleridge's Ancient Mariner. Goldsmith's Deserted Village. Goldsmith's Vicar of Wakefield. Gray's Elegy in a Churchyard. Keat's Eve of St. Agnes. Milton's L' Allegro. Poetry of Nature. Harrison Weir. Rogers
1. oldal - The Story Without an End. From the German of Carove. By Sarah Austin. Illustrated with Sixteen Original Water-Colour Drawings by EVB, printed in Fac-simile and numerous Illustrations on wood. Small 4to. cloth extra, 12s. ; or in morocco, 21s.
3. oldal - Finds comfort in himself and in his cause ; And, while the mortal mist is gathering, draws His breath in confidence of Heaven's applause : This is the happy warrior ; this is he That every man in arms should wish to be.
8. oldal - Years — 1837-1857. Containing as many as 74,000 references, under subjects, so as to ensure immediate reference to the books on the subject required, each giving title, price, publisher, and date. Two valuable Appendices are also given — A, containing full lists of all Libraries, Collections, Series, and Miscellanies— and B, a List of Literary Societies, Printing Societies, and their Issues. One vol. royal 8vo. Morocco, II.
6. oldal - Varia: Readings from Rare Books. Reprinted, by permission, from the Saturday Review, Spectator, &c. "The books discussed in this volume are no less valuable than they are rare, and the compiler is entitled to the gratitude of the public. " Observer. The Silent Hour : Essays, Original and Selected. By the Author of "The Gentle Life.
13. oldal - Plutarch's Lives. An entirely new Library Edition, carefully revised and corrected, with some Original Translations by the Editor. Edited by AH Clough, Esq. sometime Fellow of Oriel College, Oxford, and late Professor of English Language and Literature at University College.