The Works of the Rev. H. Scougal: Containing the Life of God in the Soul of Man; with Nine Other Discourses on Important Subjects, to which is Added, Sermon Preached at the Authors Funeral by George Gairden, and a Preface by Bishop Burnet
Ogle, Duncan, and Company, 1822 - 291 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able actions advantage affection afflictions appear become behold better blessed blood body certainly charity Christ Christian church concerned consider consideration conversation corrupt death delight desire devotion discourses divine doth duty earth endeavours enemies eternal evil excellent exercise express eyes faith Father fear frequently give glory greater greatest hand happiness hath hearts heaven holy honour hope humility importance inclinations infinite interest Jesus kind knowledge learned light live look Lord matter means mind misery nature needs ness never obliged observe occasion once ourselves passion perfections perform perhaps person piety pleasure practice praise present reason religion Saviour sense serious serve sins soul speak spirit suffer sure tell temper things thou thoughts tion trouble true truth understand unto wherein whole wisdom wonder
194. oldal - But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement of our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.
118. oldal - I die: * remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me: * lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, "Who is the Lord?" or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain.
158. oldal - Thou hast put gladness in my heart, more than in the time that their corn and their wine increased. I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety.
185. oldal - O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings ! and ye would not...
201. oldal - Are not Abana and Pharpar, rivers of Damascus, better than all the waters of Israel? May I not wash in them, and be clean?
154. oldal - Thou waterest the ridges thereof abundantly: thou settlest the furrows thereof: thou makest it soft with showers: thou blessest the springing thereof.
152. oldal - Truly the light is sweet, and a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to behold the sun...
151. oldal - Thou makest him to have dominion of the works of thy hands : and thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet; 7 All sheep and oxen : yea, and the beasts of the field; 8 The fowls of the air, and the fishes of the sea : and whatsoever walketh through the paths of the seas.
154. oldal - They mount up to the heaven, they go down again to the depths: their soul is melted because of trouble. They reel to and fro, and stagger like a drunken man, and are at their wit's end.