A Course of Sermons for All the Sundays of the Year: Fitted to the Great Necessities, and for the Supplying the Want of Preaching in Many Parts of this Nation : with Twelve Sermons on Various Subjects, 1. kötet
Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1826
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
actions angels become beginning believe blessed body bring called cause charity Christ Christian church circumstances concerning condition consider cure curse danger death desires devil discourse drink duty dwell effect enemy enter eternal evil eyes faith fall father fear fire flesh folly fool give glory God's grace greater greatest hands hath heart heaven holy honour hope infinitely instances interest judge judgment less live Lord lust man's means measures mind nature necessity needs never observed pardon pass passion persons pleasure poor portion pray prayer present promise proper punishment reason religion repentance rule secure sense servants serve severe shame sins sometimes sorrow soul speak spirit suffer tell things thou tion tongue trouble turn understanding virtue weak whole wise zeal
61. oldal - But meat commendeth us not to God: for neither, if we eat, are we the better; neither, if we eat not, are we the worse.
121. oldal - Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared. Beware of him, and obey his voice, provoke him not ; for he will not pardon your transgressions : for my name is in him.
13. oldal - As I live,' saith the Lord, 'every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
82. oldal - If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death.
479. oldal - For behold this selfsame thing, that ye sorrowed after a godly sort, what carefulness it wrought in you, yea, what clearing of yourselves, yea, what indignation, yea, what fear, yea, what vehement desire, yea, what zeal, yea, what revenge ! In all things ye have approved yourselves to be clear in this matter.
474. oldal - Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin that doth so easily beset us...
450. oldal - Remember not, Lord, our offences, nor the offences of our forefathers ; neither take thou vengeance of our sins : spare us, good Lord, spare thy people, whom thou hast redeemed with thy most precious blood, and be not angry with us for ever.
401. oldal - But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.