A tabular view of the variations in the communion and baptismal offices of the Church of England, from 1549 to 1662. To which are added those in the Scotch prayer-book of 1637
John Henry Parker: Rivingtons, London, 1842 - 304 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
according administration Almighty Altar Amen ancient Answer Appendix appointed Archbishop baptized beseech thee Bishops blessed Bodleian body and blood Book of Common Books of Elizabeth Bread and Wine Charles child Christ our Lord Church of England commanded Common Prayer Communion Book Communion Service congregation Consecration Curate Deacons death declare Domini Dost doth Edward Eliz Eucharist everlasting Exhortation faith God's Godfathers Gospel grace hath heaven holy communion Holy Ghost holy Sacrament holy table humbly infants Introits James Jesus Christ King kneeling Lord Jesus Christ Lord's Prayer Lord's Supper Majesty mercy Minister Oblation offence Offertory Office omitted parish Parliament passage person pray Prayer Book Presbyter present Priest Private Baptism Quartos quod realm remembrance remission rites Rubric Sacrifice sanctify SCOTCH LITURGY 1637 sins soul Spirit thanks thereof things thou thy holy tion unto thee variations words words of Institution
23. oldal - And we also bless thy holy name for all thy servants departed this life in thy faith and fear ; beseeching thee to give us grace so to follow their good examples, that with them we may be partakers of thy heavenly kingdom : grant this, O Father, for Jesus Christ's sake, our only Mediator and Advocate.
294. oldal - ... the Book of Common Prayer and Administration of the Sacraments and other Rites and Ceremonies of the Church, according to the use of the Church of England, together with the Psalter or Psalms of David pointed as they are to be sung or said in Churches ; and the form and manner of making, ordaining and consecrating of Bishops, Priests and Deacons.
110. oldal - WE receive this child into the congregation of Christ's flock, * and do sign him with the sign of the cross, in token that hereafter he shall not be ashamed to confess the faith of Christ crucified, and manfully to fight under his banner, against sin, the world, and the Devil, and to continue Christ's faithful soldier and servant unto his life's end.
20. oldal - Majesty ; beseeching Thee to inspire continually the universal Church with the spirit of truth, unity, and concord : And grant, that all they that do confess Thy Holy Name may agree in the truth of Thy Holy Word, and live in unity, and godly love.
93. oldal - ALMIGHTY and everlasting God, who of thy great mercy didst save Noah and his family in the ark from perishing by water, and also didst safely lead the children of Israel thy people through the Red Sea, figuring thereby thy holy baptism ; and by the baptism of thy well-beloved Son Jesus Christ in the river Jordan, didst sanctify water to the mystical washing away of sin...
22. oldal - Thy holy sacraments : and to all Thy people give Thy heavenly grace ; and especially to this congregation here present ; that with meek heart and due reverence they may hear and receive Thy holy word; truly serving Thee in holiness and righteousness all the days of their life.
14. oldal - Let him that is taught in the Word minister unto him that teacheth, in all good things. Be not deceived, GOD is not mocked : for whatsoever a man soweth that shall he reap. Gal. vi. While we have time, let us do good unto all men ; and specially unto them that are of the Household of faith.
97. oldal - And they brought young children to him, that he should touch them : and his disciples rebuked those that brought them. But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not : for of such is the kingdom of God. Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein. And he took them up in his arms, put his hands upon them, and blessed them.
53. oldal - Christ's holy institution, in remembrance of His death and passion, may be partakers of His most blessed body and blood...
48. oldal - THEREFORE with Angels and Archangels, and with all the company of heaven, we laud and magnify thy glorious Name ; evermore praising thee, and saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God of hosts, heaven and earth are full of thy glory : Glory be to thee, 0 Lord Most High.