The Book of Common Prayer, and Administration of the Sacraments and Other Rites and Ceremonies of the Church,: According to the Use of the Church of England; and the Sunday Lessons from the Old Testament: with Notes on the Epistles, Gospels, Psalms, and Lessons
John Otridge, Strand; F. C. and J. Rivington, ... John Hatchard, ... and Messrs. Longman & Company, 1816 - 673 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
according Acts Amen answered ante Assyria Behold blessed blood body bring brought called cast cause Christianity command David dead death deliver destroy earth Egypt enemies evil eyes faith Father fear fire flesh follow Ghost give given glory God's Gospel hand hath hear heard heart heaven holy Isaiah Israel Jerusalem Jesus Christ Jews John judge keep king kingdom land light live look Lord Luke Mark Matt meaning Messiah Morn Moses mouth offered pass passage peace perhaps person praise prayer Priest probably promise prophet Psalm receive referred righteousness saith Saviour sent servant shew sins soul speak Spirit stand thee thine things thou hast thou shalt tion took trust turn unto verse voice wicked worship written
233. oldal - PREVENT us, O Lord, in all our doings, with thy most gracious favour, and further us with thy continual help, that in all our works begun, continued, and ended in thee, we may glorify thy holy Name, and finally by thy mercy obtain everlasting life, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
170. oldal - And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the Highest: for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways ; to give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins, through the tender mercy of our God ; whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us, to give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.
118. oldal - Then the soldiers, when they had crucified Jesus, took his garments, (and made four parts, to every soldier a part) and also his coat : now the coat was without seam, woven from the top throughout. They said therefore among themselves, Let us not rend it, but cast lots for it, whose .it shall be : that the scripture might be fulfilled, which saith, They parted my raiment among them, and for my vesture they did cast lots.
479. oldal - And out of the ground made the Lord God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
208. oldal - Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all to stand. Stand, therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness : and your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace ; above all taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of Salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God...
63. oldal - The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up? But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. Let both grow together until the harvest : and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.
232. oldal - ... who are partakers of this holy Communion, may be fulfilled with thy grace and heavenly benediction. And although we be unworthy, through our manifold sins, to offer unto thee any sacrifice, yet we beseech thee to accept this our bounden duty and service ; not weighing our merits, but pardoning our offences, through Jesus Christ our Lord ; by whom, and with whom, in the unity of the Holy Ghost, all honour and glory be unto thee, O Father Almighty, world without end. Amen.
434. oldal - Remember that thou keep holy the sabbathday. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all that thou hast to do ; but the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God. In it thou shalt do no manner of work, thou, and thy son, and thy daughter, thy man-servant, and thy maid-servant, thy cattle, and the stranger that is within thy gates...
59. oldal - I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put My words in His mouth ; and He shall speak unto them all that I shall command Him. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto My words which He, shall speak in My name, I will require it of him.