Household Baptism: From Various Sources Vindicated, Especially from the Consideration that God's Visible Church Covenant is Unchangeable, is Epecially Established with Families, that God is the God of Families
Ambrose W. Clark, printer, 1838 - 199 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Household Baptism: From Various Sources Vindicated, Especially, from the ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2019
Abraham according Acts apostle argument baptism baptized believing blessings blood body born brethren bring brought called child Christ christian church circumcision clean command concerning conformity consider continued covenant covenant of grace death dispensation divine duty earth enjoy established evident exhibited expression external fact faith Father former Gentiles give given God's gospel grace gracious hands hath heart Holy Ghost household immersion included infant baptism infants institution Jesus Jews John keep kingdom live Lord manner meaning mentioned Moses nature obligation offered parents passage Paul persons practice prayer privileges promise proselytes reason received record relation salvation saved Saviour says scripture seal sense signified sins speak spirit sprinkling standing term Testament thee thine thing thou thy seed tion truth unto Verse washing whole
11. oldal - And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: and thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
149. oldal - Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection...
31. oldal - Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves .to the Lord, To serve him, and to love the name of the Lord, To be his servants, Every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, And taketh hold of my covenant; Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, And make them joyful in my house of prayer: Their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; For mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.
104. oldal - And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, 'Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
65. oldal - Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David. His seed shall endure for ever, and his throne as the sun before me. It shall be established for ever as the moon, and as a faithful witness in heaven.
173. oldal - As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the Lord ; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the Lord, from henceforth and for ever.
62. oldal - I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah ; not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers, in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt ; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
39. oldal - And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.
25. oldal - This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee ; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.
115. oldal - For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: but he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.