Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
affections Amen amend attend beginning better Bible blessing body Boswell Christ our LORD church Collect comfort commemorate composed confidence continue death desires diligence disturbed duties early EASTER DAY eight enable eternal happiness everlasting happiness evil faith fear finally Forgive Friday friends give grace grant hands hear heart hope hour humble idleness improve increase January JESUS CHRIST Jesus Christ's sake keep knowledge late laws less live LMIGHTY look March memory merciful Father mind morning ness night obtain once pain pardon pass past peace perform perhaps pity prayed prayer present preserved received relieve remains remember repentance resolutions resolve rise rose sake of Jesus salvation Saviour serve sins sorrow soul strengthen Sunday thanks Thee things Thou hast thoughts Thy glory Thy HOLY SPIRIT Thy mercy tion true week wife worship wrote
xvi. oldal - For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing : for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
30. oldal - I have, in some measure, forborne excess of strong drink, my appetites have predominated over my reason. A kind of strange oblivion has overspread me, so that I know not what has become of the last year; and perceive that incidents and intelligence pass over me without leaving any impression.
138. oldal - Lord, my maker and protector, who hast graciously sent me into this world to work out my salvation, enable me to drive from me all such unquiet and perplexing thoughts as may mislead or hinder me in the practice of those duties which thou hast required.
120. oldal - Some time in March I finished the ' Lives of the Poets,' which I wrote in my usual way, dilatorily and hastily, unwilling to work, and working with vigour and haste.
3. oldal - Almighty God, the giver of all good things, without whose help all labour is ineffectual, and without whose grace .all wisdom is folly : grant, I beseech Thee, that in this undertaking thy Holy Spirit may not be withheld from me, but that I may promote thy glory, and the salvation of myself and others : grant this, O Lord, for the sake of thy Son, Jesus Christ. Amen...
xix. oldal - Almighty and most merciful Father, I am now, as to human eyes it seems, about to commemorate, for the last time, the death of thy Son Jesus Christ our Saviour and Redeemer. Grant, O Lord, that my whole hope and confidence may be in his merits, and thy mercy ; enforce and accept my imperfect repentance...
132. oldal - This is the day on which, in 1752, dear Tetty died. I have now uttered a prayer of repentance and contrition ; perhaps Tetty knows that I prayed for her. Perhaps Tetty is now praying for me. God help me.
135. oldal - Almighty GOD, Father of all mercy, help me by thy grace, that I may, with humble and sincere thankfulness, remember the comforts and conveniences which I have enjoyed at this place; and that I may resign them with holy submission, equally trusting in thy protection when Thou givest, and when Thou takest away. Have mercy upon me, O LORD, have mercy upon me.
22. oldal - ALMIGHTY God, merciful Father, in whose hands are life and death, sanctify unto me the sorrow which I now feel. Forgive me whatever I have done unkindly to my mother, and whatever I have omitted to do kindly. Make me to remember her good precepts and good example, and to reform my life according to thy holy word, that I may lose no more opportunities of good.
40. oldal - Almighty GOD, the giver of wisdom, without whose help resolutions are vain, without whose blessing study is ineffectual ; enable me, if it be thy will, to attain such knowledge as may qualify me to direct the . doubtful, and instruct the ignorant; to prevent wrongs and terminate contentions...