Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according actions admit animal appear appetites attain authority body brute called Christ clear conclude Conscience consider constitution creature desire direction discover distinct distinguish Divine duty earth effect elements ends evidence evil exercise existence expression fact faculty Faith feeling fruit give given ground heart Hence Holy human human mind ideas immediate influence innate Instinct instruction intelligence judge kind knowledge less light living Locke Lord matter means mind moral natural necessary never notice notions objects observed operations opinion organs original outward perfect philosophers plant possess practical present principle proposition prove question rational Reason received reference relations religion remarks Revelation rule says Scripture Sect seed seems sense soul speculative Spirit structure suppose taken term things thought tion true truth understanding universal various vice virtue whole wisdom
166. oldal - Lives thro' all life, extends thro' all extent ; Spreads undivided, operates unspent ; Breathes in our soul, informs our mortal part, As full, as perfect, in a hair as heart ; As full, as perfect, in vile Man that mourns, As the rapt seraph that adores and burns: To him no high, no low, no great, no small; He fills, he bounds, connects, and equals all.
481. oldal - Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you ? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.
6. oldal - Knowledge and wisdom, far from being one, Have ofttimes no connection. Knowledge dwells In heads replete with thoughts of other men, Wisdom in minds attentive to their own.
548. oldal - Not a flower But shows some touch, in freckle, streak, or stain, Of his unrivall'd pencil. He inspires Their balmy odours, and imparts their hues, And bathes their eyes with nectar, and includes, In grains as countless as the seaside sands, The forms with which he sprinkles all the earth.
480. oldal - And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God, for I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
543. oldal - What think ye of Christ? whose son is he?" They say unto him, " The son of David." He saith unto them, " How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool ? If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?
480. oldal - Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
166. oldal - Who taught the nations of the field and wood To shun their poison, and to choose their food ? Prescient, the tides or tempests to withstand, Build on the wave, or arch beneath the sand?