Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
action active Admiral afterwards appeared appointed army arrived attack attention became body British called Captain carried character circumstances Colonel command common considerable considered continued Court Davy death directed discovery duty Earl early effect electricity employed enemy engaged England English equally Experiments expressed fact feeling force formed four French give honour House immediately important improvement interest island Italy John knowledge land late Lecture letter light London Lord Major manner March matter memoir ment mind nature never object Observations obtained occasion officers particularly passed performed period person philosopher possession practice present principles proceeded produced published received regiment remained remarkable respect Royal sent ships Society soon success tion took troops volume West whole Wood
415. oldal - And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the Word of His grace, Which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.
387. oldal - On the Power, Wisdom, and Goodness of God, as manifested in the Creation ; illustrating such work by all reasonable arguments ; as for instance the variety and formation of God's creatures in the animal, vegetable, and mineral kingdoms ; the effect of digestion, and thereby of conversion ; the construction of the hand of man, and an infinite variety of other arguments ; as also by discoveries ancient and modern, in arts, sciences, and the whole extent of literature.
153. oldal - Vixere fortes ante Agamemnona Multi, sed omnes illacrymabiles Urgentur, ignotique longa Nocte, carent quia vate sacro.
381. oldal - A finite and exact Expression for the Refraction of an Atmosphere nearly resembling that of the Earth. Phil. Trans. 1824-, p. 159: a computation derived from an optical hypothesis not exactly agreeing with the probable height of the physical atmosphere, but affording correct results.
59. oldal - ... in a state of intense activity ; and a platina wire, communicating with the positive side, was brought in contact with the upper surface of the alkali. The whole apparatus was in the open atmosphere.
62. oldal - In sciences kindred to chemistry, the knowledge of the nature of the alkalies, and the analogies arising in consequence, will open many new views; they may lead to the solution of many problems in geology, and shew that agents may have operated in the formation of rocks and earths which have not hitherto been suspected to exist.
378. oldal - Remarks on the Employment of Oblique Riders, and on other Alterations in the Construction of Ships. Phil. Trans. 1814, p. 303; the substance of a Report before presented to the Board of Admiralty, relating to Sir Robert Sepping's Improvements, with some additional illustrations.
164. oldal - For the repeated thanks and grants bestowed upon you by this house, in gratitude for your many and eminent services, you have thought fit this day to offer us your acknowledgments; but this nation well knows that it is still largely your debtor. It owes to you the proud satisfaction, that amidst the constellation of illustrious warriors, who have recently visited our country...
83. oldal - The Bakerian Lecture, on some of the Combinations of Oxymuriatic Gas and Oxygen, and on the Chemical Relations of these Principles to inflammable Bodies.