Theology: Explained and Defended in a Series of Sermons, 5. kötet
Clark and Lyman, 1819
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
affecting Apostles appear authority Baptism baptized become believe Bishop blessings body called character Christ Christian Church command common concerning conduct considerations considered continually course covenant death denotes directed discourse Divine doctrine duty earth Elders equally eternal evident evil exhibited existence fact faith Father feel final furnished future give given glory Gospel hand happiness heart Heaven Holy hope human importance instituted intended interesting language less live Lord mankind manner means mentioned mind Minister nature necessary never object observed parents particularly passage Paul perform persons plainly possess prayer preaching present profession promise proof proper question reason receive regarded religion religious remember rendered respect says Scrip Scriptures sense sins soul spirit sufferings supposed teach things thou tion truth universally unto whole wisdom
269. oldal - The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ...
518. oldal - And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie ; but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.
333. oldal - And Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the Lord caused the sea to go back by a strong east wind all that night, and made the sea dry land, and the waters were divided. And the children of Israel went into the midst of the sea upon the dry ground; and the waters were a wall unto them on their right hand and on their left.
255. oldal - And He took a child, and set him in the midst of them : and when He had taken him in His arms, He said unto them, Whosoever shall receive one of such children in my name, receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me, receiveth not me, but Him that sent me.
410. oldal - For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night. Thou carriest them away as with a flood; they are as a sleep: in the morning they are like grass which groweth up. In the morning it flourisheth, and groweth up; in the evening it is cut down, and...
376. oldal - Hear, O heavens, and give ear, O earth : for the Lord hath spoken, I have nourished and brought up children, and they have rebelled against me. The ox knoweth his owner, and the ass his master's crib : but Israel doth not know, my people doth not consider.
524. oldal - And round about the throne were four and twenty seats ; and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold : And out of the throne proceeded lightnings, and thunderings, and voices.
84. oldal - So spake the cherub; and his grave rebuke, Severe in youthful beauty, added grace Invincible: abash'd the devil stood, And felt how awful goodness is, and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely; saw, and pined His loss: but chiefly to find here observed His lustre visibly impair'd; yet seem'd Undaunted. If I must contend...
200. oldal - Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
335. oldal - And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire ; and it sat upon each of them, and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost ; and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.