Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
affliction bear bitter blessed blest Born breath bright bring cast child Christ Church clouds comfort cross daily dark dead dear death deep died dost doth dust dwell earth Edition eternal everlasting eyes face faith fall Father fear feel flow flowers foes friends give given glory God's grace grave grief hand happy hath head hear heart Heaven heavenly holy hope hour Jesus keep leave light live look Lord mercy mind never night o'er once pain pass peace praise pray prayer rest rise sacred saints Saviour seek shine sickness sight sleep sorrow soul speak spirit spring stand strength suffering sweet tears Thee thine things Thou art Thou hast thoughts throne true trust truth turn unto voice wait watch wilt wings
162. oldal - Come, Holy Ghost, our souls inspire, And lighten with celestial fire. Thou the anointing Spirit art, Who dost thy sevenfold gifts impart. Thy blessed unction from above Is comfort, life, and fire of love.
207. oldal - SOMETIMES a light surprises The Christian while he sings; It is the Lord who rises With healing in his wings; When comforts are declining, He grants the soul again, A season of clear shining, To cheer it after rain.
267. oldal - What would we give to our beloved ? The hero's heart to be unmoved, The poet's star-tuned harp to sweep, The patriot's voice to teach and rouse, The monarch's crown to light the brows,— He giveth his beloved sleep...
237. oldal - If aught should tempt my soul to stray From heavenly wisdom's narrow way, To fly the good I would pursue, Or do the sin I would not do, — Still He who felt temptation's power Shall guard me in that dangerous hour.
218. oldal - SOME murmur, when their sky is clear And wholly bright to view, If one small speck of dark appear In their great heaven of blue : And some with thankful love are filled If but one streak of light, One ray of God's good mercy gild The darkness of their night.
25. oldal - When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. For I am the Lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.
104. oldal - Tis my happiness below Not to live without the cross, But the Saviour's power to know, Sanctifying every loss. Trials must and will befall ; But with humble faith to see Love inscribed upon them all — This is happiness to me.
275. oldal - ABIDE with me ! fast falls the eventide ; The darkness deepens ; Lord, with me abide : When other helpers fail, and comforts flee, Help of the helpless, O abide with me ! 2.
157. oldal - By thine hour of dire despair, By thine agony of prayer, By the cross, the nail, the thorn, Piercing spear, and torturing scorn, By the gloom that veiled the skies O'er the dreadful sacrifice ; Listen to our humble cry, Hear our solemn Litany ! v.