Annotations on the Apocalypse: Intended as a Sequel to Those of Mr. Elsley on the Gospels, and of Mr. Prebendary Slade on the Epistles ; and Thus to Complete a Series of Comments on the Whole of the New Testament, for the Use of Students in Prophetical Scripture
J. Hatchard and Son, 1828 - 430 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Annotations on the Apocalypse: Intended as a Sequel to Those of Mr. Elsley ...
John Chappel Woodhouse
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2018
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
altar ancient angel antichrist Apoca Apocalypse apostasy apostles appear Babylon behold century CHAP chapter character Christ Christian Church commentators corrupt death described Dioclesian divine doctrine dragon earth Eccl elders enemies Ephesus epistles Euseb Eusebius evidence expression faith false prophet Father fire followers fulfilled Gentiles Gnostics Gospel Greek hath heaven heavenly Hist holy horns horse interpretation Irenæus John John the apostle Joseph Mede kingdom kings Lamb Lord Luke lypse Marcion Mede Michaelis nations Nicolaitanes object Old Testament papal Papias passage Pergamos period persecution phecy Polycarp prophecy reign religion represented Revelation Roman Roman empire Rome sacred saith Saracens Satan says Scripture seal SECT seems seen Septuagint seven Churches signify Smyrna suffering supposed symbols Tertullian Testament testimony things thou throne tian tion trumpet unto verse vials vision Vitringa voice wild beast word worldly worship writers
384. oldal - And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, .and shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle : the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city : and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
56. oldal - And when I saw him I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, "Fear not; I am the first and the last. I am he that liveth and was dead; and behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
89. oldal - Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing ; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked...
201. oldal - And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood : which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk : neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.
180. oldal - And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.
380. oldal - And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
248. oldal - And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
141. oldal - And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together ; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
229. oldal - And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.
392. oldal - And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.