A scriptural confutation of the arguments against the one Godhead of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, produced by the reverend mr. Lindsey in his late Apology, by a layman [W. Burgh].
A. Ward, 1779 - 274 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
according acknowledge Acts admitted affertion afforded alfo already alſo angels apoftles appear argument authority bear becauſe believe bleffed blood body called church conceive concerning confequence confider death declared deny divinity doctrine earth equally eternal evidence eyes facrifice faid faith falvation fame Father fays fcriptures fervant fhall fhew fhould fins fuch fuffered fufficient give given glory Godhead gofpel grace hand hath heart heaven himſelf Holy Ghoft hope Jefus Chrift Jews John King known Lindſey living look Lord Jefus Chrift Luke mankind means muft muſt nature never object offered paffage Paul perfons Peter prayer preached proceeds proof prophecy prophets reader reaſon receive refer revelation Saviour ſhall Spirit taken teftified teftimony thee thefe theſe things thofe thoſe thou throne tion true truth unto whofe whole words
116. oldal - For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him ; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
107. oldal - For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself. For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.
229. oldal - Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you ? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy ; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
189. oldal - Lord of lords ; who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto ; whom no man hath seen, nor can see : to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.
76. oldal - Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.
200. oldal - Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight : but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.
120. oldal - Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils : ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.
186. oldal - And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end: I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
93. oldal - For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth. And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord : and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.
52. oldal - Behold, the Lord God will come with strong hand, and his arm shall rule for him: behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him. He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.