An Exposition of the Epistle to the Hebrews: In the Form of Questions and Answers : Designed for Sabbath School and Bible Classes
Presbyterian Board of Publication, No. 265 Chestnut Street, 1842 - 144 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Abraham acceptance angels animal apostle appear appointed atonement authority believers better blessed blood called chap chapter Church confidence contained covenant danger David dead death dispensation divine doctrines duty earth effects endured enter epistle eternal exhortation fact faith Father fear flesh follows gifts give given glorious glory God's gospel grace hand heart heaven heavenly Hebrew Christians High Priest holy place hope human important inference infinite inspired writer instituted Jesus Christ John land LESSON Levitical live look Lord means meant mind minister Moses mount nature obtain offered pardon Paul peace perfect person present priesthood privileges profession promise proves punishment race reason receive refers regard rest sacrifice salvation sanctified Saviour sinners sins speaks Spirit sufferings superior tabernacle teach Testament things tion true truth unto verse worship
19. oldal - ... far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that •which is to come : and hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.
14. oldal - Fear not, for behold I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.' For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
124. oldal - Whose voice then shook the earth ; but now he hath promised, saying ; Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven. And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.
64. oldal - For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts ; and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people. And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying ; Know the Lord ; for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
34. oldal - And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
41. oldal - He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.
73. oldal - For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves, and of goats, with water, and scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people, saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you.
132. oldal - Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
103. oldal - Samuel and of the prophets: who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens, women received their dead raised to life again; and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance, that they might obtain a better resurrection.