Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
able according action ancient animals appear arrangement artist attitudes beauty become body Book British CABINET CYCLOPÆDIA called Chap character cloth lettered colours combining composition COMPRISED consists defect DISTINCT distinguish Dunham effect employed equal Exhibition expression Fall feel figure Geometry give glass grace greatest Greek hand head heat Hence History imitation individual intelligence interest invention Italy John knowledge LARDNER less light Lives look manner manufacture means merits Middle mind motion Natural History Natural Philosophy nature never object observer original painter painting perfect Period person picture pleasing Poets portrait position possesses practice present preserve principles produce progress prominent proportions qualities reflections represented Roman selected sense simple single statue SWAINSON taste thing Treatise true truth understand varied variety vignette titles vols volume whole woodcuts
1. oldal - SISMONDI. - THE HISTORY OF THE FALL OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE. Comprising a View of the Invasion and Settlement of the Barbarians. By JCL DE SISMONDI. 2 vols. fcp.
5. oldal - TASTE FOR SCIENCE) ; BUT THE MOST OBVIOUS REMEDY IS TO PROVIDE THE EDUCATED CLASSES WITH A SERIES OF WORKS ON POPULAR AND PRACTICAL SCIENCE, FREED FROM MATHEMATICAL SYMBOLS AND TECHNICAL TEEMS, WRITTEN IN SIMPLE AND PERSPICUOUS LANGUAGE, AND ILLUSTRATED BY FACTS AND EXPERIMENTS WHICH ARE LEVEL TO THE CAPACITY OF ORDINARY MINDS.
8. oldal - The Progress of the Nation," &c. 1 vol. 8vo. with Vignette Title, and 39 Engravings on Wood, 6s. cloth. PORTER.-A TREATISE ON THE MANUFACTURES OF PORCELAIN AND GLASS. By GR PORTER, Esq. FRS Fcp.
10. oldal - SWAINSON.-A PRELIMINARY DISCOURSE ON THE STUDY OF NATURAL HISTORY. By W. SWAINSON, Esq. 1 vol.
1. oldal - SISMONDI.-THE HISTORY OF THE ITALIAN REPUBLICS ; Or, of the Origin, Progress, and Fall of Freedom in Italy, from AD 476 to 1805.
5. oldal - OF THE MOST EMINENT LITERARY MEN OF ITALY, SPAIN, and PORTUGAL. By Mrs. SHELLEY, Sir D. BREWSTER, J. MONTGOMERY, &c.
7. oldal - And though, as yet, it has only been applied to the reparation of the evils arising from storm, fire, premature death, disease, and old age; yet there is no placing a limit to the extensions which its application might receive, if the public were fully aware of its principles, and of the safety with which they may be put in practice.