Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
according action amongst ancient animals appear arrangement artist attitudes beauty become body Book British called Chap character cloth lettered colours combining composition COMPRISED IN LARDNER’S consists defect DISTINCT WORKS COMPRISED distinguish Dunham effect Exhibition expression Fall feel figure give glass grace greatest Greek hand head Hence History imitation individual intelligence interest invention Italy John knowledge LARDNER LARDNER’S CABINET CYCLOPÆDIA less light Lives look manner manufacture master means merits Middle mind motion Natural History nature never object observer opinion original painter painting perfect Period person Philosophy picture pleasing portrait position possesses practice present preserve principles produce Professor progress prominent proportions qualities reflections represented Roman selected sense simple single statue SWAINSON taste thing Treatise true truth varied variety various vignette titles vols volume whole
1. oldal - SISMONDI. - THE HISTORY OF THE FALL OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE. Comprising a View of the Invasion and Settlement of the Barbarians. By JCL DE SISMONDI. 2 vols. fcp.
5. oldal - TASTE FOR SCIENCE) ; BUT THE MOST OBVIOUS REMEDY IS TO PROVIDE THE EDUCATED CLASSES WITH A SERIES OF WORKS ON POPULAR AND PRACTICAL SCIENCE, FREED FROM MATHEMATICAL SYMBOLS AND TECHNICAL TEEMS, WRITTEN IN SIMPLE AND PERSPICUOUS LANGUAGE, AND ILLUSTRATED BY FACTS AND EXPERIMENTS WHICH ARE LEVEL TO THE CAPACITY OF ORDINARY MINDS.
8. oldal - The Progress of the Nation," &c. 1 vol. 8vo. with Vignette Title, and 39 Engravings on Wood, 6s. cloth. PORTER.-A TREATISE ON THE MANUFACTURES OF PORCELAIN AND GLASS. By GR PORTER, Esq. FRS Fcp.
10. oldal - SWAINSON.-A PRELIMINARY DISCOURSE ON THE STUDY OF NATURAL HISTORY. By W. SWAINSON, Esq. 1 vol.
1. oldal - SISMONDI.-THE HISTORY OF THE ITALIAN REPUBLICS ; Or, of the Origin, Progress, and Fall of Freedom in Italy, from AD 476 to 1805.
5. oldal - OF THE MOST EMINENT LITERARY MEN OF ITALY, SPAIN, and PORTUGAL. By Mrs. SHELLEY, Sir D. BREWSTER, J. MONTGOMERY, &c.
7. oldal - And though, as yet, it has only been applied to the reparation of the evils arising from storm, fire, premature death, disease, and old age; yet there is no placing a limit to the extensions which its application might receive, if the public were fully aware of its principles, and of the safety with which they may be put in practice.