Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according afterwards America ancient appeared appointed army authority became become body born called carried cause celebrated character Charles Christian church civil colonies color common congress considerable considered consists constitution contains continued court death died distinguished duke East elected emperor England English entered established Europe exports feet force France French gave German give given Greek hands head important island Italy kind king land latter lived March means ment miles nature obliged obtained original Paris particularly party peace period persons political pope possession present prince principal produced published received relations remained respect river Roman Rome senate sent side soon Spain taken term tion took town trade vols whole
151. oldal - For he saith to the snow, Be thou on the earth ; Likewise to the small rain, and to the great rain of his strength. He sealeth up the hand of every man ; That all men may know his work.
394. oldal - This unwritten, or common law, is properly distinguishable into three kinds: 1. General customs; which are the universal rule of the whole kingdom, and form the common law, in its stricter and more usual signification. 2. Particular customs; which for the most part affect only the inhabitants of particular districts. 3. Certain particular laws ; which by custom are adopted and used by some particular courts, of pretty general and extensive jurisdiction.
218. oldal - With a more riotous appetite. Down from the waist they are centaurs, Though women all above: But to the girdle do the gods inherit, Beneath is all the fiends; there's hell, there's darkness, there is the sulphurous pit, burning, scalding, stench, consumption; — Fie, fie, fie! pah; pah! Give me an ounce of civet, good apothecary, to sweeten my imagination: there's money for the'e.
151. oldal - And it shall be for a sign unto thee upon thine hand, and for a memorial between thine eyes, that the Lord's law may be in thy mouth : for with a strong hand hath the Lord brought thee out of Egypt.
488. oldal - ... the people of this state have a right to empower, and do hereby fully empower, the legislature to authorize, from time to time, the several towns, parishes, bodies corporate, or religious societies within this state to make adequate provision, at their own expense, for the support and maintenance of public Protestant teachers of piety, religion, and morality.
3. oldal - D. CALDWELL, Clerk of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, Printed by TK & PG Collins. ENCYCLOPEDIA AMERICANA. (CATHOLIC EPISTLES ; a name given to seven epistles of the New Testament, because written to Christians in general, and not to believers of some particular place. They are, one of James, two of Peter, three of John, and one of Jude. CATHOLICISM. (See Roman Catholic...
500. oldal - British islands were declared to be in a state of blockade" thereby subjecting to capture and condemnation all vessels, with their cargoes, which should continue to trade with...
2. oldal - Act, entitled an Act, for the encouragement of Learning, by securing'the copies of Maps,' Charts, and Books, to the authors and proprietors of such copies, during the times therein mentioned...
438. oldal - Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, or abridging the freedom of speech or of the press ; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble and petition the government for a redress of grievances.