Reports of Cases Under the Bankruptcy Act, 1883 [and 1890]: Decided in the High Court of Justice & the Court of Appeal, 1. kötet
H. Sweet, 1884
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
act of bankruptcy action administration affidavit allowed amount appeal application appointed approval arrangement assignment authority Bank bankrupt Bankruptcy Act bankruptcy notice bankruptcy petition Barrister-at-Law behalf benefit bill Board of Trade carried CAVE circumstances claim clause committed composition costs County Court creditors debt debtor decided decision deed directed discharge disclaim Edition effect England entitled execution exercise facts filed Forms further Games give given granted ground Held High Court intended interest issue Jones judge judgment jurisdiction Justice leave letter liquidation March matter meaning meeting necessary notice objection obtained official receiver opinion paid party payment person petition possession PRACTICE present proceedings proof provides question reason receiving order referred refused registrar relation Rules scheme served solicitor sub-section submit taken transfer trustee unless
68. oldal - Every conveyance or transfer of property or charge thereon made, every payment made, every obligation incurred, and every judicial proceeding taken or suffered by any person unable to pay his debts as they become due from his own money...
113. oldal - All poods being, at the commencement of the bankruptcy, in the possession, order or disposition of the bankrupt, in his trade or business, by the consent and permission of the true owner under such circumstances that he is the reputed owner thereof...
205. oldal - Act, requiring him to pay the judgment debt in accordance with the terms of the judgment, or to secure or compound for it to the satisfaction of the creditor or the court, and he does not, within seven days after service of the notice...
299. oldal - England, or within a year before the date of the presentation of the petition has ordinarily resided, or had a dwelling-house or place of business, in England...
53. oldal - Court, on satisfactory evidence, that the composition or scheme cannot in consequence of legal difficulties, or for any sufficient cause, proceed without injustice or undue delay to the creditors or to the debtor, or that the approval of the Court was obtained by fraud the Court may, if it thinks fit, on application by any creditor, adjudge the debtor bankrupt...
290. oldal - ... by any person interested in the property requiring him to decide whether he will disclaim or not, and the trustee has for a period of twenty-eight days after the receipt of the application, or such extended period as may be allowed by the Court, declined or neglected to give notice whether s.
142. oldal - The debtor is domiciled in England, or, within a year before the date of the presentation of the petition...
129. oldal - ... jurisdiction hereby given shall not be exercised by the county court for the purpose of adjudicating upon any claim, not arising out of the bankruptcy, which might heretofore have been enforced by action in the High Court, unless all parties to the proceeding consent thereto, or the money, money's worth, or right in dispute does not in the opinion of the judge exceed in value two hundred pounds.
149. oldal - If the court is of opinion that the terms of the proposal are not reasonable, or are not calculated to benefit the general body of creditors, or in any case in which the court is required, where the debtor is adjudged bankrupt, to refuse his discharge, the court shall refuse to approve the proposal.
188. oldal - If a creditor has obtained a final judgment against him for any amount, and execution thereon not having been stayed, has served on him in England, or, by leave of the Court, elsewhere, a bankruptcy notice...