Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Discourses on Several Subjects, Addressed to the Congregation Assembled in ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2019
according actual Adam admitted advancement Apostle appears appointed attain attention authority baptism become body bring brought called cause character Christ Christian Church circumstances concerned conclusion condition consequence consideration considered consistent constitute continued covenant creature death devil direction Discourse divine doctrine earth effect election entered error established expected faith Fall fallen Father final flesh follows furnish give glory God's Gospel grace ground hath heart Heaven Hence Holy human immediately important intended Jesus Christ knowledge language light live look Lord man's means mind namely nature necessary object observed original Paradise partakers party perfect persons possessed present promises reason received reference Regeneration religion religious render renewed respect sacrament salvation saved Saviour says Scripture sense speaking spiritual stand things thou tion tree true truth unto whilst
375. oldal - BAPTISM is not only a sign of profession, and mark of difference, whereby Christian men are discerned from others that be not christened ; but it is also a sign of regeneration or new birth, whereby, as by an instrument, they that receive baptism rightly are grafted into the church : the promises of forgiveness of sin, and of our adoption to be the sons of God by the Holy Ghost, are visibly signed and sealed : faith is confirmed, and grace increased by virtue of prayer unto God.
7. oldal - They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free? Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
107. oldal - Christian men are discerned from others that be not christened ; but it is also a sign of Regeneration, or New Birth ; whereby, as by an instrument, they that receive baptism rightly, are grafted into the Church ; the promises of the forgiveness of sin, and of our adoption to be the sons of God by the Holy Ghost, are visibly signed and sealed ; faith is confirmed, and grace increased, by virtue of prayer unto God.
432. oldal - Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended : but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
342. oldal - These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.
110. oldal - And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
76. oldal - Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God ; for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man; but every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust and enticed. Then, when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin; and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
183. oldal - For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God; the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.
380. oldal - Saviour toward man appeared, not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost ; which He shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour...
347. oldal - For the word of God is quick and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight : but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.