Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
16th Lancers 3rd Light advance Aide-de-Camp Aliwal attack bank battalion batteries battle battle of Aliwal Brevet-Captain British army British Government Captain captured chiefs command Commander-in-Chief CURRIE despatch ditto ditto ditto division Durbar enemy enemy's Ensign European officers Excellency the Commander-in-Chief Excellency's Ferozepore Ferozeshah field fire Foot frontier gallant friend Government of India Governor-General in Council Governor-General of India Governor-General's guns horse artillery instant John Littler killed Lahore Government Lieut Lieutenant Lieutenant-Colonel Light Cavalry Loodiana Maharajah Maharajah Dhuleep Singh Majesty's Major Broadfoot Major-General Sir Harry ment military Moodkee moved native officers position Punjaub Rajah Gholab Singh rank and file received Regiment Native Infantry regiments of native river sergeants or havildars severely wounded Sikh army Sikh Government Sir Harry Smith Sir Henry Hardinge Sir Hugh Gough Sir John Littler Sirdar slightly wounded ſº Sobraon soldiers Sutlej syce territories tion treaty Umballa Vakeel valour victory
190. oldal - It is as well as it is. I had rather it should go out of the field with me ;" and in that manner, so becoming to a soldier, Moore was borne from the fight.
162. oldal - This Treaty, consisting of ten articles, has been this day settled by Frederick Currie, Esquire, and BrevetMajor Henry Montgomery Lawrence, acting under the directions of the Right Honourable Sir Henry Hardinge, GCB, Governor-General on the part of the British Government, and by...
162. oldal - Singh engages never to take, or retain in his service any British subject, nor the subject of any European or American State, without the consent of the British Government. "Article 8 Maharaja Gulab Singh engages to respect, in regard to the...
175. oldal - My answer to all and every man was, that we must fight it out, attack the enemy vigorously at daybreak, beat him, or die honourably in the field. The gallant old general, kindhearted and heroically brave, entirely coincided with me.
180. oldal - That this House doth highly approve and acknowledge the valour and patient perseverance displayed by the non-commissioned officers and private soldiers, both European and Native, employed in Afghanistan, and that the same be signified to them by the commanders of the several corps, who are desired to thank them for their gallant behaviour.
89. oldal - Throughout the day no hesitation — a bold and intrepid advance ; — and thus it is that our loss is comparatively small, though I deeply regret to say, severe. The enemy fought with much resolution ; they maintained frequent rencontres with our cavalry hand to hand. In one charge, upon infantry, of HM's 16th Lancers, they threw away their muskets and came on with their swords and targets against the lance.
19. oldal - I HAVE the honour to forward, for the information of his Excellency the Governor-General, a copy of a demi-official letter to his Excellency the Commander-in-Chief, as affairs at Lahore assumed their present form.
38. oldal - He had not, up to the present moment, abandoned the hope of seeing that important objected effected by the patriotic efforts of the Sikhs and people of that country. " The Sikh army recently marched from Lahore towards the British frontier, as it was alleged by the orders of the Durbar, for the purpose of invading the British territory. " The Governor-General's agent, by direction of the GovernorGeneral, demanded an explanation of this movement, and no reply being returned within a reasonable time,...
156. oldal - Singh in person; and the said Treaty has been this day ratified by the seal of the Right Honourable Sir Henry Hardinge, GCB Governor-General.