Sermons on several occasions and subjects, 2. kötet
John Wyat, at the Rose in St. Paul's-Church-Yard, 1722
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
2dly able according Account Actions againſt appear Argument Authority becauſe believe Bleffings Body certainly Charity Chrift Chriftian confider continue Country Danger Death Doctrine doubt Duty Enemies Eternal Evil Faith fame Fear felf felves fhall fhould firft fome Force fuch fure Future give given Glory greater Guilt Hands Happineſs Hearts Heaven hence himſelf Holy Honour hope Judge Judgment juft Labour laft Laws Liberty Light Lives Lord Love Matter mean ment Mind moſt muft muſt Name Nature never Oath Peace Perfection plain Power pray Prayer prefent pretend prove Puniſhment Reaſon Religion Repentance Reward Scripture Serm Sermon Sinners Sins Soul Spirit tell Temptations Text thefe themſelves ther theſe things thofe thoſe thou thought tion true Truth unto whole wicked wife World Wrath
65. oldal - Who will render to every man according to his deeds: To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life : But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil...
215. oldal - Happy art thou, O Israel : who is like unto thee, O people saved by the Lord, the shield of thy help, and who is the sword of thy excellency ! and thine enemies shall be found liars unto thee ; and thou shalt tread upon their high places.
300. oldal - For what thanks can we render to God again for you, for all the joy wherewith we joy for your sakes before our God...
294. oldal - Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed: feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind ; neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock. And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.
211. oldal - At what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, and to pull down, and to destroy it; if that nation, against whom I have pronounced, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do unto them.
5. oldal - Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts : and then shall every man have praise of God.
82. oldal - I returned, and saw under the sun; that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill ; but time and chance happeneth to them all.
142. oldal - The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
36. oldal - By him therefore, let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to his name. But to do good and to communicate, forget not ; for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.
181. oldal - Be of good courage, and let us play the men for our people, and for the cities of our God : and the LORD do that which seemeth him good.