Principles of the Law of Personal Property: Intended for the Use of Students in Conveyancing
Sweet and Maxwell, limited, 1894 - 620 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
47 Vict action administration agreement ante appears apply appointment assignment authority Bank bankrupt bankruptcy Beav become benefit bill bill of sale called charge chattels claim common law consideration contract Court creditors damages death debt debtor deceased deed duty effect entitled equity execution executor give given granted held husband intended interest invention joint judgment land liable limited manner marriage married ment notice obtained otherwise owner ownership paid party pass patent payable payment person personal estate possession present principal provisions purchase receiving recover registered remain respect rule Sect separate settled settlement shares ship Stat statute sub-s taken term thereof things tion tort trade transfer trustee unless vested void wife writing
158. oldal - ... unless the agreement upon which such action shall be brought, or some memorandum or note thereof shall be in writing, and signed by the party to be charged therewith, or some other person thereunto by him lawfully authorized.
72. oldal - That no contract for the sale of any goods, wares and merchandise, for the price of ten pounds sterling or upwards shall be allowed to be good, except the buyer shall accept part of the goods so sold, and actually receive the same...
438. oldal - And be it further enacted, that every will shall be construed, with reference to the real estate and personal estate comprised in it, to speak and take effect as if it had been executed immediately before the death of the testator, unless a contrary intention shall appear by the will.
70. oldal - Where there is a contract to sell unascertained or future goods by description, and goods of that description and in a deliverable state are unconditionally appropriated to the contract, either by the seller with the assent of the buyer, or by the buyer with the assent of the seller, the property in the goods thereupon passes to the buyer. Such assent may be expressed or implied, and may be given either before or after the appropriation is made.
407. oldal - That no will shall be valid unless it shall be in writing and executed in manner herein-after mentioned ; (that is to say,) it shall be signed at the foot or end thereof by the testator, or by some other person in his presence and by his direction; and such signature shall be made or acknowledged by the testator in the presence of two or more witnesses present at the same time, and such witnesses shall attest and shall subscribe the will in the presence of the testator, but no form of attestation...
35. oldal - Any absolute assignment by writing under the hand of the assignor (not purporting to be by way of charge only) of any debt or other legal chose in action, of which express notice in writing shall have been given to the debtor...
71. oldal - Where there is a contract for the sale of specific goods, or where goods are subsequently appropriated to the contract, the seller may, by the terms of the contract or appropriation, reserve the right of disposal of the goods until certain conditions are fulfilled.
400. oldal - The receipt by a person of a share of the profits of a business is prima facie evidence that he is a partner in the business...
69. oldal - Intend. ( 1 ) Where there is a contract to sell specific or ascertained goods, the property in them is transferred to the buyer at such time as the parties to the contract intend it to be transferred. ( 2 ) For the purpose of ascertaining the intention of the parties, regard shall be had to the terms of the contract, the conduct of the parties, usages of trade and the circumstances of the case.
172. oldal - A bill of exchange is an unconditional order in writing, addressed by one person to another, signed by the person giving it, requiring the person to whom it is addressed to pay on demand or at a fixed or determinable future time a sum certain in money to or to the order of a specified person, or to bearer.