Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
appear appointed arms army arrived assembly Athol attempt bill bolls Britain British carried castle Charles chief church of Scotland clans colonel command commission commons court court of session crown Culloden declared dragoons duke of Argyle duke of Hamilton earl Edinburgh endeavours enemy England English estates favour firlots force France French friends gentlemen Hamilton Hanover highlanders honour horse house of Hanover house of lords hundred Inverness jacobites James joined king king's kingdom land late letter Lockhart lord George Murray lord Nairne lordship Lovat majesty majesty's ment ministers ministry Nairn never occasion officers ordered parliament party passed peace peers person Perth possession pounds sterling presbytery present pretender prince prisoners proceeded procure protestant queen rebellion rebels received regiment returned royal Scots Scottish sent Stirling Stuart succession thousand tion tories town troops union voted whigs whole
610. oldal - For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake ; 30 Having the same conflict which ye saw in me, and now hear to be in me.
569. oldal - And the LORD said unto Moses, Take all the heads of the people, and hang them up before the LORD against the sun, that the fierce anger of the LORD may be turned away from Israel. 5 And Moses said unto the judges of Israel, Slay ye every one his men that were joined unto Baal-peor.
556. oldal - This whole fabric hung, as it were, by a large tree, which reclined from the one end all along the roof to the other, and which gave it the name of the Cage, and by chance there happened to be two stones at a small distance from one another, in the side next the precipice, resembling the pillars of a chimney, where the fire was VOL.
434. oldal - Act, Declaration, and Testimony for the doctrine, worship, discipline, and government of the Church of Scotland, agreeable to the Word of God, the Confession of Faith, the National Covenant of Scotland, and the Solemn League and Covenant of the three nations...
160. oldal - ... shall be granted before the party produces a certificate of his having received the sacrament, according to the communion of the Church of England, within the last year, and also subscribed the oaths of allegiance and supremacy.
439. oldal - He said, that by wrapping myself so close in my plaid, I would be unprepared for any sudden defence in the case of a surprise. I answered, that in such times of danger or during a war, we had a different method of using the plaid...
130. oldal - Majesty with advice aforesaid expressly declares and statutes that none of the subjects of this kingdom shall be liable to, but all and every one of them for ever free of, any oath, test or subscription within this kingdom contrary to or inconsistent with the foresaid true Protestant religion and Presbyterian Church government, worship and discipline as above established...
416. oldal - Leuconomus (beneath well-sounding Greek , I slur a name a poet must not speak) Stood pilloried on infamy's high stage, And bore the pelting scorn of half an age ; The very butt of slander, and the blot For every dart that malice ever shot.
197. oldal - Ye was in the right not to come with the hundred men ye sent up to-night, when I expected four times the number. It is a pretty thing, when all the Highlands of Scotland are now rising upon their king and country's account, as I have accounts from them since they were with me, and the gentlemen of our neighbouring lowlands expecting us down to join them, that my men should be only refractory.