Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
admiration Anne of Austria answered arms asked Athenee beautiful better blue eyes Carmelites Charlemagne Chateau de Blois cloth coach colour Count de Guiches courage court courtiers Crown 8vo dark dear Demy 8vo dress Duchesse de Vaujour Edition enemy exclaimed face Fcap felt France gentle glance hand happy head heart heaven Henri le Blanc horse hounds bayed hour Illustrations JACK HINTON King King's la Valliere lady laugh less lips look Louis Louis Quatorze Madame de Montespan Madame la Duchesse Mademoiselle de Mortemar maid of honour Majesty Majesty's Marquis de Bragelone Misericorde Monsieur le Grand mounted mousquetaire murmured never night once pale passed peer of France perhaps pity Plates poor Louise Post 8vo Queen replied round seemed sire smile soldier sorrow South Kensington Museum tears tell thought to-morrow tone turn unmounted Valliere voice vols whispered wish woman word young
8. oldal - Assaying : As applied to the Manufacture of Iron from its Ores, and to Cast Iron, Wrought Iron, and Steel, as found in Commerce.
17. oldal - Post 8vo, cloth, 7s. 6d. MALLET (ROBERT}— GREAT NEAPOLITAN EARTHQUAKE OF 1857. ^First Principles of Observational Seismology, as developed in the Report to the Royal Society of London, of the Expedition made into the Interior of the Kingdom of Naples, to investigate the circumstances of the great Earthquake of December, 1857.
28. oldal - THE FORTNIGHTLY REVIEW is to become an organ for the unbiassed expression of many and various minds on topics of general interest in Politics, Literature, Philosophy, Science, and Art. Each contribution -will have the gravity of an avowed responsibility. Each contributor, in giving his name, not only gives an earnest of his sincerity, but is allowed the privilege of perfect freedom of opinion, unbiassed by the opinions of the Editor or of fellow-contributors.
20. oldal - DYCE'S Final Corrections. %* This edition is not a mere reprint of that which appeared in 1857, but presents a text very materially altered and amended from beginning to end, with a large body of critical Notes almost entirely new, and a Glossary, in which the language of the poet, his allusions to customs, &c., are fully explained.
13. oldal - HARDY (CAPT. C.)— FOREST LIFE IN ACADIE ; and Sketches of Sport and Natural History in the Lower Provinces of the Canadian Dominion. With Illustrations.
13. oldal - GILLMORE (PARKER)— PRAIRIE AND FOREST: a Description of the Game of North America, with personal Adventures in their pursuit. With numerous Illustrations.
21. oldal - A LONDONER'S WALK TO THE LAND'S END, AND A TRIP TO THE SCILLY ISLES.
20. oldal - ... presents a text very materially altered and amended from beginning to end, with a large body of critical Notes almost entirely new, and a Glossary, in which the language of the poet, his allusions to customs, &c., are fully explained. '' The best text of Shakespeare which has yet appeared. Mr. Dyce's edition is a great work, worthy of his reputation, and for the present it contains the standard text.
16. oldal - THE ARTS OF THE MIDDLE AGES, AND AT THE PERIOD OF THE RENAISSANCE. With 19 Chromo-lithographs and over 400 Woodcuts. A new Edition, on large paper. Imperial Svo, half morocco, 31s.