Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
ALGERIA allow Baden beautiful Black Prince bright Captain Douglas carte de visite CAVENDISH SQUARE charm child course cried crumpet Dawson death delicious delight delirium tremens devo door doubt Douglas's eyes face fatal father feeling felt Fern Lodge fleurs de lis flowers forget give grace hair hand handsome happy head heard heart Henleigh honour hope horse hurried husband hydropathic imagine interesting invalid knew ladies leave letter lips lobster look madam Malvern memory misery morning mother nephew never painful pale passed perfume person picture poor pork-pie Post Price 21s Queen and country REGENT STREET Reginald sandal wood scarcely sherry Sir Lionel soda water sofa soon sorrow soul tears tell things thought tion told truth turn Vols WELBECK STREET whole widow wife wish woman women wonder words
270. oldal - DR. MILEY supports his positions with a plentitude and profundity of learning, a force and massive power of reasoning, a perspicuity of logical prowess, and a felicity of illustration, rarely met in existence amongst historians of any age.
263. oldal - Illustrative of the Advantages of the various localities resorted to by Invalids, for the cure or alleviation of chronic diseases, especially consumption. With Observations on Climate, and its Influences on Health and Disease, the result of extensive personal experience of many Southern Climes.
270. oldal - This new publication may be added to a series of works which honorably characterize the present age, infusing a knowledge of things into a branch of learning which too often consisted of a knowledge of mere words, and furnishing the general student with information which was once exclusively confined to the professed arehuBologist. As a last commendation to this elegant book, let us add that it touches on no point that can exclude it from the hands of youth.
61. oldal - I see the lights of the village Gleam through the rain and the mist, And a feeling of sadness comes o'er me, That my soul cannot resist : A feeling of sadness and longing, That is not akin to pain, And resembles sorrow only As the mist resembles the rain.
58. oldal - Which when it least appear'd to melt, Intently thought — intensely felt : The deepest ice which ever froze Can only o'er the surface close — The living stream lies quick below, And flows — and cannot cease to flow.
266. oldal - Furniture, as well as of 100 Bedsteads, and Prices of every description of Bedding Sent Free by Post. HEAL & SON, BEDSTEAD, BEDDING-, AND BED ROOM FURNITURE MANUFACTURERS, 196, TOTTENHAM COURT ROAD, LONDON.
268. oldal - ROWLAND'S MACASSAR OIL Is universally in high repute for its unprecedented success during the last 80 years in promoting the growth, restoring, improving, and beautifying the human hair. It prevents hair from falling off or turning grey, strengthens weak hair, cleanses it from scurf and dandriff, and makes it beautifully soft, pliable, and glossy. For children it is especially...
270. oldal - As a last commendation to this elegant book, let us add that it touches on no point that can exclude it from the hands of youth." " It will excellently prepare the student for the uses of the vases in the British Museum. — Spectator. " Great pains, fine taste, and large expense are evident. It does infinite credit to the enterprising publisher.