A Dissertation on the Prophetic Scriptures: Chiefly Those of a Chronological Character ; Shewing Their Aspect on the Present Times, and on the Destinies of the Jewish Nation ...
G. Ellerton, and published by J. Nisbet, 1834 - 453 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
accomplished appears Assyria awful Babylon beast blood book of Revelation bring brought called captivity carried Christ Christian church coming commencement complete connected consequence considered Daniel David death deliverance desolation destroy destruction earth edict Egypt Emperor empire established expressed fall fear final former four gather give given glory hand hath head heaven Holy horns hundred important Infidelity Israel Italy Jerusalem Jewish Jews Judah judgments king kingdom land language likewise living Lord manner marked mind nature noticed observed particular pass period Popery possession present prophecy prophetical reason reference regard reign remarkable represented respecting restoration Roman says seal seven seventh sixth speaking Spirit stand symbolical term termination thee things third thou thousand throne tion trumpet unto verses vision whole
153. oldal - WHEN the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place: and suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues, like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them: and they were all filled with the HOLY GHOST; and began to speak with other tongues, as the SPIRIT gave them utterance.
124. oldal - And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, the beauty of the Chaldees' excellency, shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah. It shall never be inhabited, neither shall it be dwelt in from generation to generation: neither shall the Arabian pitch tent there; neither shall the shepherds make their fold there. But wild beasts of the desert shall lie there; and their houses shall be full of doleful creatures; and owls shall dwell there, and Satyrs shall dance there.
386. oldal - But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.
67. oldal - And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.
300. oldal - I con- • sidered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little, horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots : and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.
263. oldal - And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse ; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
97. oldal - God is not a man, that he should lie; Neither the son of man, that he should repent: Hath he said, and shall he not do it? Or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good ? Behold, I have received commandment to bless: And he hath blessed ; and I cannot reverse it.
408. oldal - But I tell you of a truth, many widows were in Israel in the days of Elias, when the heaven was shut up three years and six months, when great famine was throughout all the land ; but unto none of them was Elias sent, save unto Sarepta a city of Sidon, unto a woman that was a widow. And many lepers were in Israel in the time of Eliseus the prophet, and none of them was cleansed, saving Naaman the Syrian.
276. oldal - It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. But ye shall receive power after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you ; and ye shall be witnesses unto me, both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
255. oldal - Judah is a lion's whelp; from the prey, my son, thou art gone up. He stooped down, he couched as a lion, and as an old lion. Who shall rouse him up? The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.