Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
acceptance action actual afterwards agent agreed agreement allowed amount ante appeared apply assignees authority bankrupt become bill binding Bing bound Camp charge Chitty claim common Company consideration considered contract Court covenant creditor debt decided deed defendant delivered demand discharge East effect entered entitled evidence execution express fraud give given ground held husband instances intention interest Jones land landlord latter lease liable Lord maintain ment Moore nature necessary notice observed paid parol particular partnership party payment performance person plaintiff possession principal promise proved purchase reasonable received recover rent respect rule seems sell signed Smith sold stamp Stark statute subsequent sufficient taken Taunt tenant thereof third person tion unless vendee vendor void wife writing written
514. oldal - The objection, that a contract is immoral or illegal as between plaintiff and defendant, sounds at all times very ill in the mouth of the defendant. It is not for his sake, however, that the objection is ever allowed ; but it is founded in general principles of policy, which the defendant has the advantage of, contrary to the real justice, as • VIP.V's representative. between him and the plaintiff, by accident, if I may so say.
560. oldal - ... no tradesman, artificer, workman, labourer, or other person whatsoever shall do or exercise any worldly labour, business or work of their ordinary callings, upon the Lord's Day, or any part thereof (works of necessity and charity only excepted...
307. oldal - ... be actually made, procured, or provided, or fit or ready for delivery, or some act may be requisite for the making or completing thereof, or rendering the same fit for delivery...
68. oldal - ... as by the known usage of trade, or the like, acquired a peculiar sense, distinct from the popular sense of the same words ; or unless the context evidently points out that they must in the particular instance, and in order to effectuate the immediate intention of the parties to that contract, be understood in some other special and peculiar sense.
240. oldal - ... made or created by livery and seisin only, or by parol, and not put in writing, and signed by the parties so making or creating the same, or their agents thereunto lawfully authorized by writing, shall have the force and effect of leases or estates at will only...
57. oldal - ... or to charge any person upon any agreement made upon consideration of marriage; or upon any contract or sale of lands, tenements, or hereditaments, or any interest in or concerning them...
127. oldal - That no Action shall be maintained whereby to charge any Person upon any Promise made after full Age to pay any Debt contracted during Infancy, or upon any Ratification after full Age of any Promise or Simple Contract made during Infancy, 'unless such Promise or Ratification shall be made by some Writing signed by the Party to be charged therewith.
634. oldal - Actions for Penalties, Damages, or Sums of Money given to the Party grieved by any Statute now or hereafter to be in force...
613. oldal - From the variety of cases relative to judgments being given in evidence in civil suits, these two deductions seem to follow as generally true: first, that the judgment of a court of concurrent jurisdiction, directly upon the point, is as a plea, a bar, or as evidence, conclusive, between the same parties, upon the same matter, directly in question in another court...