Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
admiration affection affectionate afford appear attention believe blessing called cause chapel character Christ Christian church circumstances considerable conversation course dear death delight delivered desire directed divine duties early engaged enjoy enter excellent excited expect experience expressed faith father feel give glory gospel grace hand happy hear heard heart holy honour hope Hoxton important impression influence interesting Jesus kind labours letter live Liverpool Lord mean meet mind minister ministry morning nature never object observations occasion pastor perhaps persons pleasing pleasure pray prayer preached preacher present pulpit reason received religion respect Sabbath scenes seemed sermon sincerely soon soul Spencer spirit student sure talents things THOMAS thought tion town unto whilst wish write young youth
310. oldal - The Lord God hath given me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary: he wakeneth morning by morning, he wakeneth mine ear to hear as the learned.
198. oldal - But blessed are your eyes, for they see, and your ears, for they hear. " For verily I say unto you that many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.
254. oldal - Weep no more, woeful shepherds, weep no more, For Lycidas your sorrow is not dead, Sunk though he be beneath the watery floor. So sinks the day-star in the ocean bed, And yet anon repairs his drooping head, And tricks his beams, and with new-spangled ore Flames in the forehead of the morning sky...
255. oldal - Through the dear might of him that walked the waves Where other groves and other streams along, With nectar pure his oozy locks he laves, And hears the unexpressive nuptial song, In the blest kingdoms meek of joy and love. There entertain him all the saints above, In solemn troops and sweet societies That sing, and singing in their glory move And wipe the tears for ever from his eyes.
117. oldal - For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee in a time when thou mayest be found: surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come nigh unto him.
108. oldal - Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his.
12. oldal - It was my guide, my light, my all, It bade my dark forebodings cease; And through the storm and danger's thrall, It led me to the port of peace. Now safely moored, my perils o'er, I'll sing, first in night's diadem, For ever and for evermore, The Star, the Star of Bethlehem.
309. oldal - And they said one to another: Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?
159. oldal - For thou hast delivered my soul from death, mine eyes from tears, and my feet from falling.