Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
ages animals answer antient appears appointed authority blessings body called ceremonies character Christ christian civil common constitution customs Deity directed distinct distinguished divine doctrine duty early Egyptians equal especially excellent express favor fitted former future gave give gods head heart heathen Hebrew Hence holy honor human idolatry important instance institutions intended Israel Israelites Jehovah Jewish Jews kind king knowledge latter leading learned LECTURE light Lord mankind manner mean mind moral Moses nature necessary object observance occasions offering oracle original pagan particular perfect person political possess practice presence priest probably promised prophets purity reason religion religious remarkable represented respect rest rites ritual sacred says scripture spirit superstition symbol temple things tion tribes true truth virtue visible whole wisdom worship writers
82. oldal - And it shall be, when he sitteth upon the throne of his kingdom, that he shall write him a copy of this law in a book out of that which is before the priests the Levites : and it shall be with him, and he shall read therein all the days of his life : that he may learn to fear the Lord his God, to keep all the words of this law and these statutes, to do them...
181. oldal - There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch, or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.
21. oldal - The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, Nor a lawgiver from between his feet, Until Shiloh come ; And unto him shall the gathering of the people be.
15. oldal - Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.
304. oldal - And I will shake all nations, and the desire of all nations shall come: And I will fill this house with glory, saith the Lord of hosts.
305. oldal - BEHOLD, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me : and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple; even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in; behold, he shall come, saith the Lord of hosts.
252. oldal - BLOW ye the trumpet, blow ! The gladly solemn sound, Let all the nations know, To earth's remotest bound, The year of jubilee is come : Return, ye ransomed sinners, home.
293. oldal - Wash you, make you clean ; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; Cease to do evil; learn to do well; Seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, Judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.