Authentic Report of the Public Discussion Between Joseph Barker and William Cooke, in the Lecture Room, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, on August 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd, 26th, 27th, 28th, and Sept. 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, on the Question, what is a Christian? and on the Doctrines of the Atonement, the Trinity, Natural Depravity, Eternal Torments, &c., with an Appendix
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according Acts answer apostle appear argument atonement authority Barker beginning believe blessed blood born bring called chapter character Christian Cooke death discussion divine doctrine earth eternal evidence existence express fact faith false Father flesh friends gave give given glory God's Gods Gospel hand hath hear heart heaven Holy Holy Ghost human Jehovah Jesus Christ Jews John justice live Lord means mind miraculous conception nature never object observe opponent orthodox passage Paul persons plain present principle proof prove question quoted reason received referred regard reject remarks respect saved Saviour says Scriptures sense sentiments sins speak spirit sufferings taught teach tells Testament things thou trinity true truth understand unto verse views whole wish word writings
94. oldal - Again, when the wicked man turneth away from his wickedness that he hath committed, and doeth that which Is lawful and right, he shall save his soul alive.
14. oldal - I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel ; which is not another ; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
44. oldal - And said unto the woman, Now we believe ; not because of thy saying : 'for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.
5. oldal - If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.
479. oldal - Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace, comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work.
158. oldal - Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.
338. oldal - And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation ; to wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them, and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
431. oldal - Sanctify the LORD of hosts himself; and let him be your fear, and let him be your dread. And he shall be for a sanctuary ; but for a stone of stumbling and for a rock of offence to both the houses of Israel, for a gin and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem.