Sermons on Various Subjects:: With an Appendix, Containing an Examination of Certain Supposed Points of Analogy Between Baptism and Circumcision
C. &. J. Rivington, 1825 - 450 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Sermons on Various Subjects: With an Appendix, Containing an Examination of ...
John Edward Nassau Molesworth
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2016
according Acts admitted Apostle appears apply appointed authority baptism bear believe blessed blood body born called cause Christ Christian Church circumcision collect coming conduct consequences consider consideration continue death direct doctrine duty earnest effect enter example expect faith Father feel fruits gifts give given God's Gospel grace hand happiness heart heaven Holy hope important Jesus Jews judge knowledge less light lives Lord Lord's manifestation means mind ministers nature necessary never object observe offer opinion ourselves passage Paul persons practice pray prayer preparation present privileges profit promise question reason receive reference regeneration religion require respect salvation Saviour Scrip Scriptures seal sense SERMON sins society soul speak Spirit suffer supposed tempt things thou thought tion unto whole witness
40. oldal - It is not lawful for any man to take upon him the office of public preaching, or ministering the sacraments in the congregation, before he be lawfully called, and sent to execute the same. And those we ought to judge lawfully called and sent, which be chosen and called to this work by men who have public authority given unto them in the congregation, to call and send ministers into the Lord's vineyard.
130. oldal - And we also bless thy holy name for all thy servants departed this life in thy faith and fear ; beseeching thee to give us grace so to follow their good examples, that with them we may be partakers of thy heavenly kingdom : grant this, O Father, for Jesus Christ's sake, our only Mediator and Advocate.
28. oldal - And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
278. oldal - And he entered into one of the ships, which was Simon's, and prayed him that he would thrust out a little from the land. And he sat down, and taught the people out of the ship.
113. oldal - Baptism doth represent unto us our profession ; which is, to follow the example of our Saviour Christ, and to be made like unto him ; that as he died, and rose again for us, so should we. who are baptized, die from sin, and rise again unto righteousness ; continually mortifying all our evil and corrupt affections, and daily proceeding in all virtue and godliness of living.
202. oldal - And the people spake against God, and against Moses, Wherefore have ye brought us up out of Egypt to die in the wilderness ? for there is no bread, neither is there any water ; and our soul loatheth this light bread.
179. oldal - And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: but of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
370. oldal - I speak after the manner of men, because of the infirmity of your flesh. For as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness, and to iniquity, unto iniquity ; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness, unto holiness.
181. oldal - That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies ; 18 And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.