Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Sacred Imagery; Or, Illustrations of the Principal Figures of Speech from ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2020
Sacred Imagery, Or, Illustrations of the Principal Figures of Speech from ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2018
anoint beauty become Behold Blessed bread break bringeth called Christ cometh covered David death DEUT divine drink dwell earth enemies enter everlasting evil explanation eyes Father fear feet Figure of Speech fire fruit gave give glory grave hand hath head heart heaven Holy Scriptures hosts Illustrations imagery Israel Jacob John judge king lamb light looked Lord hath LUKE MATT mountains NUMB offer planted poor rain refuge rejoice rich righteous rock saith the Lord salvation say unto seeth sent servants shadow sheep shield singing sins Spirit stone strength strong thereof thine things Thou art thou hast thoughts took tower tree trust truth turned unto thee viii vine vineyard winds wings xviii xxii xxiii xxiv xxxii Zion
69. oldal - For it was not an enemy that reproached me ; Then I could have borne it : Neither was it he that hated me that did magnify himself against me ; Then I would have hid myself from him : But it was thou, a man mine equal, My guide, and mine acquaintance. We took sweet counsel together, And walked unto the house of God in company.
52. oldal - Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat : I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink : : I was a stranger, and ye took me not in : naked, and ye clothed me not : sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
47. oldal - He raiseth up the poor out of the dust : and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, To set them among the princes : and to make them inherit the throne of glory.
46. oldal - Thou gavest me no kiss : but this woman, since the time I came in, hath not ceased to kiss my feet. My head with oil thou didst not anoint : but this woman hath anointed my feet with ointment.
29. oldal - Reign thou over us. But the olive tree said unto them, Should I leave my fatness, wherewith by me they honour God and man, and go to be promoted over the trees ? And the trees said to the fig tree, Come thou, and reign over us.
50. oldal - If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone ? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent ? or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion ? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him ? " And he was casting out a devil, and it was dumb.
68. oldal - Rejoice, O young man, in thy youth, and let thy heart cheer thee in the days of thy youth, and walk in the ways of thine heart, and in the sight of thine eyes: but know thou, that for all these things God will bring thee into judgment.
67. oldal - For the Lord shall judge his people, and repent himself for his servants, when he seeth that their power is gone, and there is none shut up, or left.
46. oldal - Simon answered and said, I suppose that he, to whom he forgave most. And he said unto him, Thou hast rightly judged. And he turned to the woman, and said unto Simon, Seest thou this woman? I entered into thine house, thou gavest me no water for my feet: but she hath washed my feet with tears, and wiped them with the hairs of her head.
28. oldal - The rich man had exceeding many flocks and herds : but the poor man had nothing, save one 45 little ewe lamb, which he had bought and nourished up : and it grew up together with him, and with his children ; it did eat of his own meat, and drank of his own cup, and lay in his bosom, and was Tmto him as a daughter.