The New Testament of Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ: With Text Carefully Printed from the Most Correct Copies of the Present Authorized Version ... with a Commentary and Critical Notes Designed as a Help to a Better Understanding of the Sacred Writings
Thomas, Cowperthwait, 1838 - 546 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according Acts ancient angel answered appears authority believe blessed body bring brought called cast cause chap CHAPTER Christ Christian church common concerning considered continued death disciples divine doctrine earth enter eternal evident faith father give given glory Gospel grace Greek hand hath hear heart heaven Holy Jerusalem Jesus Jewish Jews John king kingdom light live Lord Lord's Luke Mark Mary Master Matt Matthew meaning mentioned nature never observed parable pass person Peter Pharisees prayer preaching present probably prophet reason receive refer render Roman salvation seems sense signifies soul speak spirit supposed taken temple thee things thou tion took translated true truth unto verse Versions whole word Writings
175. oldal - And he saith unto them, Be not affrighted: ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: he is risen; he is not here: behold the place where they laid him. 7 But go your way, tell his disciples and Peter that he goeth before you into Galilee: there shall ye see him, as he said unto you.
63. oldal - For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at, any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
98. oldal - So when even was come, the lord of the vineyard saith unto his steward, Call the labourers, and give them their hire, beginning from the last unto the first.
111. oldal - Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites ! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.
206. oldal - And when they could not find by what way they might bring him in, because of the multitude, they went upon the house-top, and let him down through the tiling with his couch, into the midst before Jesus.
160. oldal - And Jesus, when he came out, saw much people, and was moved with compassion toward them, because they were as sheep not having a shepherd : and he began to teach them many things.
167. oldal - And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out, and say, Jesus, thou son of David, have mercy on me.
207. oldal - And he spake also a parable unto them; No man putteth a piece of a new garment upon an old ; if otherwise, then both the new maketh a rent, and the piece that was taken out of the new, agreeth not with the old.
157. oldal - Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him. 5 And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones.