Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
affairs ampton appeared Arminian atoms believe body Boston called Cambuslang cause cerning Christ christian church Church of Scotland circumstances concerning congregation Connecticut consent controversy conversation Coroll Council dear Sir declension degree desire divine Divine grace doctrine duty earth East Windsor effect endeavour excellent faith Farewell Sermon favour friends full communion give glory God's Gospel grace heart holy honour hope ideas Indians infinite Iroquois JONATHAN EDWARDS judge labours letter light live Lord Lord's Supper manner matter meeting mind ministers motion nature never Northampton observe occasion opinion particles pastor persons piety prayer preach Precinct principles profession proposed rays reason received regard religious Resolved respect revival of religion Sabbath Scotland Scriptures seemed sense Sermon solid soul Spirit Stockbridge Stoddard suppose things thought tion town truth vote Wethersfield whole Woodbridge words Yale College
212. oldal - And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great.
251. oldal - I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.
212. oldal - And the seventh Angel sounded ; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, " The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ, and he shall reign for ever and ever.
56. oldal - Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
212. oldal - And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.
634. oldal - And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah, in the day of judgment, than for that city.
634. oldal - And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward.
415. oldal - For it was not an enemy that reproached me ; Then I could have borne it : Neither was it he that hated me that did magnify himself against me ; Then I would have hid myself from him : But it was thou, a man mine equal, My guide, and mine acquaintance. We took sweet counsel together, And walked unto the house of God in company.
130. oldal - My wickedness, as I am in myself, has long appeared to me perfectly ineffable, and swallowing up all thought and imagination ; like an infinite deluge, or mountains over my head. I know not how to express better what my sins appear to me to be, than by heaping infinite upon infinite, and multiplying infinite by infinite. Very often, for these many years, these expressions are in my mind, and in my mouth, ' Infinite upon infinite — Infinite upon infinite...