Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
according action agree agreement allowed amount apply appointed authority bank bankruptcy bill Board brought called carried charge circumstances claim clause consider construction contract costs COURT OF APPEAL damages deal debt decided decision defendant directed dismissed doubt duty effect entitled evidence executors exercise express fact further give given ground held HIGH COURT intended interest issue judge judgment jurisdiction L. J. Ch land liable limited London Lord loss matter meaning ment necessary notice object obtained opinion ordinary owners paid parties passed payment person plaintiff possession present purchase question Railway reason receiver referred regard Reported respect respondent rule seems shares ship Solicitors statute taken tenant tion trustee Vict whole
57. oldal - Now, if the special circumstances under which the contract was actually made were communicated by the plaintiffs to the defendants, and thus known to both parties, the damages resulting from the breach of such a contract, which they would reasonably contemplate, would be the amount of injury which would ordinarily follow from a breach of contract under these special circumstances so known and communicated.
37. oldal - ... faults or errors in navigation or in the management of said vessel, nor shall the vessel, her owner or owners, charterers, agent or master, be held liable for losses arising from dangers of the sea or other navigable waters, acts of God, or public enemies, or the inherent defect, quality or vice of the thing carried, or from insufficiency of package, or seizure under legal process, or for loss resulting from any act or omission of the shipper or owner of the goods, his agent or representative,...
350. oldal - Court, to be kept in penal servitude for any term not exceeding seven years, and not less than three years, — or to be imprisoned for any term not exceeding two years, with or without hard labour, and with or without solitary confinement, and, if a male under the age of sixteen years, with or without whipping.
37. oldal - That if the owner of any vessel transporting merchandise or property to or from any port in the United States of America shall exercise due diligence to make the said vessel in all respects seaworthy and properly manned, equipped, and supplied...
57. oldal - Where two parties have made a contract which one of them has broken, the damages which the other party ought to receive in respect of such breach of contract should be such as may fairly and reasonably be considered either arising naturally, ie, according to the usual course of things, from such breach of contract itself...
236. oldal - A fugitive criminal shall not be surrendered if the offence in respect of which his surrender is demanded is one of a political character...
217. oldal - In the older cases of this sort, which I have had an opportunity of looking into, I have observed that the danger of life, limb, or health, is usually inserted as the ground upon which the court has proceeded to a separation.
154. oldal - In any action or other proceeding against a trustee or any person claiming through him, except where the claim is founded upon any fraud or fraudulent breach of trust to which the trustee was party or privy, or is to recover trust property, or the proceeds thereof still retained by the trustee, or previously received by the trustee and converted to his use...
84. oldal - ... properly drawn up so as to exhibit a true and correct view of the state of the company's affairs according to the best of their information and the explanations given to them, and as shown by the books of the company.
81. oldal - His business is to ascertain and state the true financial position of the company at the time of the audit, and his duty is confined to that.