Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
The Practical Works of Richard Baxter: With a Life of the Author and a ...
William Orme,Richard Baxter
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2013
believe better blessed body called cause certainty Christ Christian church common confident covenant danger death desire difference Divine doth doubt duty earth effects enemies error especially evidence excellent faith false Father fear flesh give glory God's godly grace greatest hath hear heart heaven holy honour hope ignorant interest John judge judgment keep kingdom knoweth knowledge known learning light live Lord loveth lust man's matter means men's mind ministers nature necessary never notions object parents pastors peace perfect persons pleasure present pride proud prove Psal reason receive religion rest salvation saved Scripture sense sincere sins sort soul speak Spirit sure teach teachers tell thee things thou thoughts tion true truly truth turn understanding unto wisdom wise worldly yourselves
496. oldal - Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him ; let him know that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.
477. oldal - When thou vowest a vow unto God, defer not to pay it; for he hath no pleasure in fools: pay that which thou hast vowed. Better is it that thou shouldest not vow, than that thou shouldest vow and not pay.
481. oldal - I REQUIRE and charge you both, as ye will answer at the dreadful day of judgment when the secrets of all hearts shall be disclosed, that if either of you know any impediment, why ye may not be lawfully joined together in Matrimony, ye do now confess it. For be ye well assured, that so many as are coupled together otherwise than God's Word doth allow are not joined together by God; neither is their Matrimony lawful.
530. oldal - And the fatherless, and him that had none to help him. The blessing of him that was ready to perish came upon me; And I caused the widow's heart to sing for joy. I put on righteousness, and it clothed me; My judgment was as a robe and a diadem.
513. oldal - Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth. Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
520. oldal - Albeit that Good Works, which are the fruits of Faith, and follow after Justification, cannot put away our sins, and endure the severity of God's Judgment ; yet are they pleasing and acceptable to God in Christ, and do spring out necessarily of a true and lively Faith ; insomuch that by them a lively Faith may be as evidently known as a tree discerned by the fruit.
298. oldal - It is better to go to the house of mourning, than to go to the house of feasting : for that is the end of all men ; and the living will lay it to his heart.
495. oldal - Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousand of his saints, To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.
476. oldal - And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.