Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
abode Ager Agnarr Alfi ALVISS ancestry can Ottar Angantyr Asori Balder beneath bowl called cauldron Celts chief divine Duergi Dwarfs earth Edda Elorrid ev'ry fabled ages lost fam'd fame fate Fenrir FIOLSUID foul Freya Freyer Frigga GANRADE Gaul Geirrod Genii GERDA giant Gioll Goddess Gods Gothic halls HARBARD head heaven Heimdaller Hela Hela's heroes horse Hymer Hyndla Icelandic language immortal Jotni lift the veil mallet Menglada Midgard monster mortal mountains names of Odin nature secretly resides night Niorder o'er odes Odin's Ottar boast palace peace race reign round sacred truth thy Sæmund serpent shine sire SKIRNER son of Odin SONG sons spread sprung Suipdager Surtur sword tell thee thence Thialfe thine things Thor thou art thro THRYM thy speech supplies truth thy speech VAFTHRUDNIS Valgrind Vani veil that hides Veorr Vidar VINDKALDER virgin Voluspa VOLVA Whence wife wolf Yggdrasil Ymer
224. oldal - The dwarfs figh and groan before the " doors of their caverns. Oh! ye inhabitants of " the mountains ; can you fay whether any thing
xxxvi. oldal - Scenes like these Have almost lived before me, when I gazed Upon their fair resemblance traced by him, Who sung the banished man of Ardebeil ; Or to the eye of Fancy held by her, Who among women left no equal mind When from this world she passed ; and I could weep To think that she is to the grave gone down ! Where a note names Mary Wollstonecraft, the allusion being to her Letters from Norway.
52. oldal - He requires less sleep than a bird, and sees by night, as well as by day, a hundred miles around him. So acute is his ear that no sound escapes him, for he can even hear the grass growing on the earth, and the wool on a sheep's back.
27. oldal - This fanatic hope derived additional force from the ignominy affixed to every kind of death but...
27. oldal - Certe populi quos despicit Arctos Felices errore suo ! quos ille timorum Maximus haud urget lethi metus ; inde ruendi In ferrum mens prona viris, animaeque capaces Mortis, et ignavum rediturae parcere vitae.
217. oldal - They employed pretty nearly the same characters for all these different purposes, but they varied the order and combination of the letters ; they wrote them either from right to left, or from top to bottom, or in form of a circle, or contrary to the course of the sun, &c.
xiv. oldal - Odin is believed to have been the name of the one true god among the first colonies who came from the East, and peopled Germany and Scandinavia, and among their posterity for several ages.
23. oldal - ... the sons of Bor, or the gods, were taking a walk, they found two pieces of wood floating upon the water; these they took, and out of them made a man and a woman. The eldest of the gods gave them life and souls; the second motion and knowledge; the third the gift of speech, hearing and sight, to which he added beauty and raiment. From this man and this woman, named Ask and Embla, is descended the race of men who are permitted to inhabit the earth.