Volcanos: The Character of Their Phenomena, Their Share in the Structure and Composition of the Surface of the Globe, and Their Relation to Its Internal Forces
Longmans, Green, Reader, and Dyer, 1872 - 490 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according action active already appear basaltic base beds beneath bottom called cause central character coast column composed cone considerable consist containing continued covered crater crystalline crystals currents deposited depth described direction distance district doubt dykes earthquake ejected elevated entire eruption escape evidently example existing explosions extreme fact feet fissures flowed force formation formed fragmentary frequently greater heat height hills hollow internal island Isles Italy lake lateral lava less liquid lower mass matter miles mineral Monte mountain nearly numerous observed occasionally occasioned occur origin parallel perhaps period phenomena portion present pressure probably produced pumice range recent remains remarkable rise rocks scoriae seen shocks side similar slopes solid sometimes strata streams structure subterranean summit surface tion trachytic tuff upper usually valley vapour vast vent violent volcanic volcanic mountain whole
8. oldal - The Diagnosis, Pathology, and Treatment of Diseases of Women; including the Diagnosis of Pregnancy. By GRAILY HEWITT, MD &c. President of the Obstetrical Society of London. Second Edition, enlarged; with 116 Woodcuts. 8vo. 24s. Lectures on the Diseases of Infancy and Childhood. By CHARLES WEST, MD &c.
1. oldal - Critical and Historical Essays contributed to the Edinburgh Review by the Right Hon. Lord MACAULAY :— sTUDENT'S EDITION, crown 8vo. 6s.
5. oldal - Other Worlds than Ours ; The Plurality of Worlds Studied under the Light of Recent Scientific Researches.
7. oldal - HOMES WITHOUT HANDS; a Description of the Habitations of Animals, classed according to their Principle of Construction.
10. oldal - A TREATISE on the STEAM ENGINE, in its various Applications to Mines, Mills, Steam Navigation, Railways, and Agriculture. By J. BOURNE,. CE Eighth Edition ; with Portrait, 37 Plates, and 546 Woodcuts. 4to. 42s. CATECHISM of the STEAM ENGINE, in its various Applications to Mines, Mills, Steam Navigation, Railways, and Agriculture.
17. oldal - Imp. 8vo. with 13 Plates, 15s. Remarks on Horses' Teeth, addressed to Purchasers. By the same. Post 8vo.
14. oldal - History of Discovery in our Australasian Colonies, Australia, Tasmania, and New Zealand, from the Earliest Date to the Present Day. By WILLIAM HOWITT. 2 vols. 8vo. with 3 Maps, 20s. The Capital of the Tycoon ; a Narrative of a 3 Years
14. oldal - Zermatt, &c. price 6s. 6d. Guide to the Central Alps, including all the Oberland District, price 7s. 6d. Introduction on Alpine Travelling in general, and on the Geology of the Alps, price Is. Either of the Three Volumes or Parts of the Alpine Guide may be had with this INTRODUCTION prefixed, price Is.