Infant Sprinkling Proved to be a Human Tradition: Being the Substance of a Debate on Christian Baptism, Between Mr. John Walker ... and Alexander Campbell ... Held at Mount Pleasant, Jefferson County, Ohio, on the 19th and 20th June 1820 ... To which is Added, a Large Appendix
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Abraham according admit answer Apostle appear argument attempt authority baptized believe better Bible blessings blood born called cause chapter Christ Christian church circumcision command confirmed consequently consider continued covenant debate difference disciples divine doctrine enjoyed established evidence exhibited express fact faith father give given grace Greek hands heart holy immersion import infant baptism institution Jewish Jews John kingdom live Lord meaning mentioned mind nature never observe opponent parents party Paul pedo-baptist person plain positive practice present privileges promise proposed prove question quoted reason receive relation rendered reply requires respect rite saith scripture seal seed sense shew sins speaks spiritual sprinkling suppose term Testament testimony things thou tion true unto verse views Walker wash whole
110. oldal - They did promise and vow three things in my name. First, that I should renounce the devil and all his works, the pomps and vanity of this wicked world, and all the sinful lusts of the flesh.
160. oldal - And I will establish my covenant with you ; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood ; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth.
140. oldal - Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection...
91. oldal - And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised...
87. oldal - His seed also will I make to endure for ever, and his throne as the days of heaven.
86. oldal - But it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe to do all his commandments and his statutes which I command thee this day ; that all these curses shall come upon thee, and overtake thee : Cursed shalt thou be in the city, and cursed shalt thou be in the field.
168. oldal - For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves, and of goats, with water, and scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people, saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you.
135. oldal - And when they come from the market, except they wash, they eat not. And many other things there be, which they haVe received to hold, as the washing of cups, and pots, brazen vessels, and of tables.
169. oldal - And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build an house for my name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom for ever.