Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
advantage appointed Archdeacon arithmetic assistance attend Bible Bishop Bishop of Sodor blessing boys called catechism character child Christ Christ Church christian church Church of England clergy clergyman College committee desirable diocesan board diocese duty England English established examination F. D. Maurice feel figures funds give given grammar holy hope important institution knowledge labour language lesson Lord Lord's Prayer masters and mistresses means meeting ment method mind moral national schools National Society object parents parish parochial persons practical prayer present principles prize proposed pupils Queen's College question racter readers received religious instruction respect Saxon genitive scholars schoolmaster scripture shillings spirit sponsors square square miles Sunday school superintendence taught teachers teaching things tion Trin Trinity College truth whole number words yards
150. oldal - Lord's Prayer, and the Ten Commandments, in the vulgar tongue, and all other things which a Christian ought to know and believe to his soul's health...
138. oldal - What could have been done more to my vineyard, That I have not done in it? Wherefore, when I looked that it should bring forth grapes, Brought it forth wild grapes?
247. oldal - I show Their mighty master's seal. In vain they try To end my life, that can but end its woe. — Is that a death-bed where a Christian lies ? — Yes ! but not his— 'tis Death itself there dies.
146. oldal - The chamber where the good man meets his fate Is privileged beyond the common walk Of virtuous life, quite in the verge of Heaven.
146. oldal - tis madness to defer: Next day the fatal precedent will plead ; Thus on, till wisdom is push'd out of life. Procrastination is the thief of time; Year after year it steals, till all are fled, And to the mercies of a moment leaves The vast concerns of an eternal scene.
29. oldal - PRIZE," for an English Essay on some subject connected with the propagation of the Gospel, through Missionary exertions, in India and other parts of the heathen world.
146. oldal - Tis greatly wise to talk with our past hours ; And ask them, what report they bore to heaven : And how they might have borne more welcome news.
382. oldal - LORD, we beseech thee mercifully to receive the prayers of thy people which call upon thee ; and grant that they may both perceive and know what things they ought to do, and also may have grace and power faithfully to fulfil the same ; through Jesus Christ, our Lord.
179. oldal - The Committee recommend that no further Grant be made, now or hereafter, for the establishment or support of Normal Schools, or of any other Schools, unless the right of inspection be retained, in order to secure a conformity to the regulations and discipline established in the several Schools, with such improvements as may from time to time be suggested by the Committee.