Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
abdomen Aberdeenshire Allesley animal antennae appears April Audubon Barmouth beautiful birds blue body Botanical branchial Bree British butterfly carrion crow characters Charles Waterton colour common covered Cuvier described doubt earth Earthquake eggs entomology eruption fact falcon feathers female figure flowers frequently garden genera genus Geology gland Godalming ground gull habits head inch incisors insects instance interesting jackdaw June larvae latter legs length limestone Linnaeus Magazine mentioned mountain natural history naturalists nearly neighbourhood nest never notice observed ornithologist ovipositor pair perhaps pheasants pitchstone plants plates plumage present prey published rain razorbills readers remarks resemblance rocks rooks says season seen sepals shells side species specimens spot supposed surface titmouse tree variety volcanoes vultures Warwickshire Waterton wings wood worm yards young
145. oldal - At length did cross an Albatross: Thorough the fog it came : As if it had been a Christian soul, We hailed it in God's name. It ate the food it ne'er had eat, And round and round it flew. The ice did split with a thunder-fit; The helmsman steered us through! And a good south wind sprung up behind; The Albatross did follow, And every day, for food or play, Came to the mariners
390. oldal - SILENT nymph, with curious eye ! Who, the purple evening, lie On the mountain's lonely van, Beyond the noise of busy man ; Painting fair the form of things, While the yellow linnet sings ; Or the tuneful nightingale Charms the forest with her tale ; Come, with all thy various hues, Come, and aid thy sister Muse...
352. oldal - INTRODUCTION TO GEOLOGY. Intended to convey Practical Knowledge of the Science, and comprising the most important recent discoveries ; with explanations of the facts and phenomena which serve to confirm or invalidate various Geological Theories. By ROBERT BAKEWELL.
233. oldal - The patriot's virtue and the poet's song, Still, as the tide of ages rolls away, Shall charm the world, unconscious of decay. Yes ! there are hearts, prophetic HOPE may trust, That slumber yet in uncreated dust, Ordain'd to fire th...
198. oldal - There shall he love, when genial morn appears, Like pensive Beauty smiling in her tears, To watch the brightening roses of the sky, And muse on Nature with a poet's eye ! — And when the sun's last splendour lights the deep, The woods, and waves, and murmuring winds asleep; When fairy harps th...
198. oldal - Hesperian planet hail, And the lone cuckoo sighs along the vale, His path shall be where streamy mountains swell Their shadowy grandeur o'er the narrow dell, Where mouldering piles and forests intervene, Mingling with darker tints the living green ; No circling hills his ravish'd eye to bound, Heaven, Earth, and Ocean, blazing all around.
65. oldal - General System of Gardening and Botany; containing a complete Enumeration and Description of all Plants hitherto known; with their Generic and Specific Characters, Places of Growth, Time of Flowering, Mode of Culture, and their Uses in Medicine and Domestic Economy.
140. oldal - ... times the whole of their subsistence. Here, then, if my data be correct, there is the enormous quantity of 468,000 Ibs., or 209 tons, of worms, insects, and their larvae, destroyed by the rooks of a single rookery in one year.