Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
altar ancient apostles appear authority believe bishop bishop of Rome blessed blood body Britain Britons called Catholic Christian Christian religion Church of Rome consecrated Council Council of Constance Culdees dead death declared Dioclesian disciples divine doctrine Druids duties effect enemies England eternal everlasting faith Father favour fear fire foundation Gaul glory gospel grace gracious happiness hath heart heathen heaven heavenly Holy Ghost Holy Spirit honour human idolatry images important Ireland Jesus Christ king kingdom liberty living Lord mankind Maximian mercy mind ministers ministry moral nation nature obedience observe Papists Paul perfect persons Peter Picts piety Pope Popery Popish prayers preaching priest prince principles Protestant public worship punishment reason received reign religious resurrection righteousness Roman sacred sacrifice saints salvation Saviour Saxons says Scriptures sinners sins soul stone temple things thou throne tion transubstantiation true truth unto wisdom word
49. oldal - Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee. Ask of me, and I will give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
289. oldal - Would I describe a preacher, such as Paul, ** Were he on earth, would hear, approve, and own, Paul should himself direct me. I would trace His master-strokes, and draw from his design. I would express him simple, grave, sincere; In doctrine uncorrupt; in language plain, ** And plain in manner; decent, solemn, chaste, And natural in gesture ; much impressed Himself, as conscious of his awful charge, And anxious mainly that the flock he feeds May feel it too; affectionate in look, ** And tender in...
52. oldal - Moreover ye see and hear, that not alone at Ephesus, but almost throughout all Asia, this Paul hath persuaded and turned away much people, saying that they be no gods, which are made with hands...
395. oldal - For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts ; even one thing befalleth them : as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath ; so that a man hath no pre-eminence above a beast : for all is vanity. All go unto one place ; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.
306. oldal - Jerusalem is builded as a city that is compact together: whither the tribes go up, the tribes of the Lord, unto the testimony of Israel, to give thanks to the name of the Lord.
119. oldal - But be not ye called Rabbi, for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren. And call no man your father upon the earth : for one is your Father, which is in heaven. Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.
254. oldal - I venerate the man, whose heart is warm, Whose hands are pure, whose doctrine and whose life, Coincident, exhibit lucid proof That he is honest in the sacred cause.
72. oldal - Son of God, begotten of His Father before all worlds ; God of God, Light of Light, very God of very God, begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father ; by whom all things were made...
278. oldal - Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; 6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour...
146. oldal - Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: (for we walk by faith, not by sight:) we are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.