Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according ages ancient apostles appear attend authority believe bishop blessed blood body Britain Britons build called Catholic cause Christ Christian church concerning consider dead death delivered direct divine doctrine Druids duties effect England evident faith Father fear fire foundation give given glory gospel grace hand happiness heart heaven holy honour hope human images important Jesus Christ king kingdom knowledge learned light living Lord manner means mind ministers moral nature never observe offered Paul perfect persons Peter Pope prayers preaching present priest prince principles Protestant raised reason received reign religion religious Roman Rome sacred saints salvation saved Saviour says Scriptures sins soul speak Spirit stone success suffered sufficient temple things thought tion true truth unto whole worship
49. oldal - Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee. Ask of me, and I will give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
289. oldal - Would I describe a preacher, such as Paul, ** Were he on earth, would hear, approve, and own, Paul should himself direct me. I would trace His master-strokes, and draw from his design. I would express him simple, grave, sincere; In doctrine uncorrupt; in language plain, ** And plain in manner; decent, solemn, chaste, And natural in gesture ; much impressed Himself, as conscious of his awful charge, And anxious mainly that the flock he feeds May feel it too; affectionate in look, ** And tender in...
52. oldal - Moreover ye see and hear, that not alone at Ephesus, but almost throughout all Asia, this Paul hath persuaded and turned away much people, saying that they be no gods, which are made with hands...
395. oldal - For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts ; even one thing befalleth them : as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath ; so that a man hath no pre-eminence above a beast : for all is vanity. All go unto one place ; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.
306. oldal - Jerusalem is builded as a city that is compact together: whither the tribes go up, the tribes of the Lord, unto the testimony of Israel, to give thanks to the name of the Lord.
119. oldal - But be not ye called Rabbi, for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren. And call no man your father upon the earth : for one is your Father, which is in heaven. Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.
254. oldal - I venerate the man, whose heart is warm, Whose hands are pure, whose doctrine and whose life, Coincident, exhibit lucid proof That he is honest in the sacred cause.
72. oldal - Son of God, begotten of His Father before all worlds ; God of God, Light of Light, very God of very God, begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father ; by whom all things were made...
278. oldal - Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; 6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour...
146. oldal - Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: (for we walk by faith, not by sight:) we are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.