Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
abuses acknowledged admit ages allowed Anglo-Saxon answer appear archbishop assert authority believe bishop body Book Bossuet brought called canons catholic cause chapter character charge Christ christian cited clergy conduct confession consider controversy conversion council court death divines doctor doctrine Dunstan duty ecclesiastical Elizabeth England English equally established evidence execution existed expressed faith father favour give given gospel greater hands holy honour justice king laws learned leave letter lives lord manner mention miracles monarch nature never oath observe opinion passage persons peruse pope prayers prelates present priests principle produced protestant queen question readers received reformation reign religion religious represented respect roman roman-catholic church Rome saints spiritual success suffered temporal thing tion treason true universal virtues whole wish writers
108. oldal - OUR Lord Jesus Christ, who hath left power to his church to absolve all sinners who truly repent and believe in him, of his great mercy forgive thee thine offences ! And by his authority committed to me, I absolve thee from all thy sins, in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Amen.
352. oldal - ... the pope, or any authority of the See of Rome, or any person whatever, and without thinking that I am or can be acquitted before God or man, or absolved of this declaration, or any part thereof, although the pope, or any other person or persons, or authority whatsoever, shall dispense with or annul the same, or declare that it was null and void from the beginning.
7. oldal - Eucharist there is truly, really, and substantially the Body and Blood, together with the Soul and Divinity of our Lord Jesus Christ ; and that there is made a conversion of the whole substance of the bread into the Body ; and of the whole substance of the wine into the Blood ; which conversion the Catholic Church calls Transubstantiation.
5. oldal - God of God, light of light, true God of true God; begotten not made; being of one substance with the Father, by whom all things were made.
351. oldal - Dignity ; and I will do my utmost Endeavour to disclose and make known to His Majesty, His Heirs and Successors, all Treasons and traitorous Conspiracies which may be formed against...
352. oldal - ... of bread and wine into the body and blood of Christ at or after the consecration thereof by any person whatsoever; and that the invocation or adoration of the Virgin Mary or any other saint and the sacrifice of the mass, as they are now used in the Church of Rome, are superstitious and idolatrous.
312. oldal - ... a Liberty to Tender Consciences and that no man shall be disquieted or called in question for differences of opinion in matters of religion which do not disturb the peace of the kingdom...
351. oldal - Third, and him will defend, to the utmost of my power, against all conspiracies and attempts whatever, that shall be made against his person, crown, or dignity ; and I will do my utmost endeavour to disclose, and make known to his majesty...
8. oldal - I also affirm, that the power of indulgences " was left by Christ in the church, and that the " use of them is most wholesome to christian
9. oldal - It is most true that the Roman Catholics believe the doctrines of their Church to be unchangeable; and that it is a tenet of their creed, that what their faith ever has been, such it was from the beginning, such it now is, and such it ever will be.