Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
The Works of the Rev. Daniel M'calla: To Which Is Prefixed a Funeral ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2020
The Works Of The Rev. Daniel M'calla: To Which Is Prefixed A ..., 1. kötet
Daniel McCalla,William Hollinshead
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2019
able advantages affections Apostle appear attend believe benevolence better body called certainly character Christ Christian church circumstances common consider course death desire direct ditto divine doctrines duty earth enjoy entirely equally eternal evidence evil excellent faith favor give glory gospel happiness hath heart heaven highest holy honor hope human importance improve influence instructed interests Jesus Christ John knowledge known least light live Lord mankind manner matter means ment mentioned mind misery moral mystery nature necessary never objects obliged particular passions perfect person philosophy piety pleasure poor preached present principles providence reason receive religion remarks render respect says sense society soul spirit sufferings sufficient suppose temper thing thou thought tion true truth universal unto whole
157. oldal - Let not thine heart decline to her ways, go not astray in her paths. For she hath cast down many wounded : yea, many strong men have been slain by her. Her house is the way to hell, going down to the chambers of death.
i. oldal - Go and shew John again those things which ye do hear and see : the blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them.
206. oldal - What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise : for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin; as it is written, " There is none righteous, no, not one: there is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
141. oldal - Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: and be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.
290. oldal - God that made the world, and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands...
138. oldal - Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath : for it is written, " Vengeance is mine ; I will repay, saith the Lord." Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.
233. oldal - For behold this selfsame thing, that ye sorrowed after a godly sort, what carefulness it wrought in you, yea, what clearing of yourselves, yea, what indignation, yea, what fear, yea, what vehement desire, yea, what zeal, yea, what revenge ! In all things ye have approved yourselves to be clear in this matter.
50. oldal - And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that aught of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.