Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Albania Anglican appears Archdeacon believe bishop Bleak House Blessed body called Catholic Church character choir Christ Christian Church of England clergy congregations convert Conyers Middleton course Disraeli divine doctrine Duke of Guise duty ecclesiastical England English eyes fact faith Father favour feel friends give heart heresy holy Eucharist holy water honour Huguenots human idea interest Jesuit Jesus Lady letter living London Lord Luke Marie matter means ment mind moral nation natural never novel object opinion ourselves persecution persons poor Pope prayer present priest principles profess Protestant Protestantism punish Puseyite racter readers recognised religion religious Roman Rome Sacrament Seager Skutari Somers Town soul speak spirit story tell theology thing thought tion Transubstantiation true truth volume whole words worship writer young
64. oldal - THE Offering of Christ once made is that perfect redemption, propitiation, and satisfaction, for all the sins of the whole world, both original and actual ; and there is none other satisfaction for sin, but that alone. Wherefore the sacrifices of Masses, in the which it was commonly said, that the Priest did offer Christ for the quick and the dead, to have remission of pain or guilt, were blasphemous fables, and dangerous deceits.
63. oldal - Wine there bodily received, or unto any Corporal Presence of Christ's natural Flesh and Blood. For the Sacramental Bread and Wine remain still in their very natural substances, and therefore^ may not be adored; (for that were Idolatry, to be abhorred of all faithful Christians...
252. oldal - If we let him thus alone, all men will believe on him : and the Romans shall come and take away both our place and nation.
61. oldal - THE body of our Lord Jesus Christ, which was given for thee, preserve thy body and soul unto everlasting life ! Take and eat this in remembrance that Christ died for thee ; and feed on him in thy heart by faith with thanksgiving.
239. oldal - Lives of the Queens of Scotland, and English Princesses connected with the Regal Succession of Great Britain.
349. oldal - It will not be supposed, therefore, that when I speak of Disraeli as the descendant of a Jew, that I mean to tarnish him .on that account. They were once the chosen people of God.
383. oldal - Gothic historian, bore the stamp of his national origin ; and the portrait of Attila exhibits the genuine deformity of a modern Calmuk ; a large head, a swarthy complexion, small, deep-seated eyes, a flat nose, a few hairs in the place of a beard, broad shoulders, and a short, square body, of nervous strength, though of a disproportioned form.
82. oldal - Lord, and of the witnesses of the resurrection, namely, those who rose with Christ, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto men. He also tells of the creed of the Apostles, and of their separation and preaching. And all this he relates without smiling or levity of conversation, as one who is well...
547. oldal - Xicholaeff, which are duly handed up to the head contractor, each man pocketing the difference between his contract and that of his neighbour. When the wood is produced before the board appointed to inspect it, another bribe seasons it; and the government, after paying the price of well-seasoned oak, is surprised that the 120-gun ship, of which it has been built, is unfit for service in five years.