Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Abrahamic according Adam adopted apostle appears Assembly Association atonement baptism become believe bishop body brethren called cause character Christ Christian Committee congregation connection Constitution course covenant death designed divine doctrine earth England entire existence express fact faith father feeling give God's Gospel hand heart human idea important interest justice language light limited living matter meaning mind ministers moral nature never object opinion organization original party penalty persons Philadelphia philosophy position Presbyterian Church present principles published question race reader reason received reference Reformed regard relation religion remarkable respect Scripture sense sinners Society spirit sufferings supposed Synod things thought tion true truth union verse volume whole writing
536. oldal - Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
86. oldal - Is lightened ; that serene and blessed mood In which the affections gently lead us on, Until the breath of this corporeal frame, And even the motion of our human blood Almost suspended, we are laid asleep In body, and become a living soul; While with an eye made quiet by the power Of harmony and the deep power of joy, We see into the life of things.
617. oldal - Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine. 14 Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery.
24. oldal - Alas ! alas ! Why, all the souls that were, were forfeit once; And He that might the vantage best have took, Found out the remedy: How would you be, If he, which is the top of judgment, should But judge you as you are? O, think on that; And mercy then will breathe within your lips, Like man new made.
536. oldal - Blessed be the Lord God of Israel ; for he hath visited and redeemed his people, and hath raised up a horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David...
625. oldal - Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not : but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.
628. oldal - And when he was come unto us, he took Paul's girdle, and bound his own hands and feet, and said, Thus saith the Holy Ghost, So shall the Jews at Jerusalem bind the man that owneth this girdle, and shall deliver him into the hands of the Gentiles.
545. oldal - This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you, and thy seed after thee: Every man child among you shall be circumcised.
210. oldal - And it came to pass at noon that Elijah mocked them, and said, Cry aloud : for he is a god ; either he is talking or he is pursuing, or he is in a journey, or peradventure he sleepeth, and must be awaked.
77. oldal - The moment was important in my poetical history ; for I date from it my consciousness of the infinite variety of natural appearances which had been unnoticed by the poets of any age or country, so far as I was acquainted with them ; and I made a resolution to supply, in some degree, the deficiency.